• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Analysis of the Enterprise Media Gateway Market
Frost & Sullivan, June 2012, Pages: 71
This strategic analysis is part of Frost & Sullivan’s continued coverage of the enterprise media gateway marketplace. In this study, Frost & Sullivan identifies industry challenges, market drivers, and market restraints. Further, it provides an in-depth perspective on competitive issues, revenue, market shares, and key market trends in the enterprise media gateway market. This research service provides unified communications infrastructure vendors with market information and strategic insight to assist them with the unique challenges and opportunities of the dynamic enterprise media gateway market.
- Enterprise media gateways will continue to represent a mainstay component of enterprise unified communications (UC) deployments for the foreseeable future. Gateways can help bridge disparate platforms and interfaces, overcoming some of the challenges caused by limited interoperability in a multi-vendor UC environment.
- The ongoing transition to voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) access and session initiation (SIP) trunking will also drive demand for media gateways over the forecast period. These services can offer significant cost savings to enterprises with both time division multiplexing (TDM) and IP telephony systems, and media gateways can provide the conduit between SIP and legacy communications protocols.
- After a particularly soft 2009, the media gateway market recovered in 2010. In 2011, media gateway vendors saw continued demand and growth in port shipments; however, price cuts took a toll on revenue.
- Market consolidation, notably the Nortel and VegaStream acquisitions, shifted market share within the enterprise media gateway market.
Enterprise Media Gateway Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Demand Analysis 29
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
The CEO’s 360 Degree Perspective
The Last Word
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.