- Language: English
- 63 Pages
- Published: May 2011
- Region: India
Indian Positive Displacement (PD) Pumps Market
- Published: June 2012
- Region: India
- 113 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
Lack of Technology Clarity is a Hindrance to the Growth of the Indian PD Pumps Market
This study covers the state of the Indian PD pumps market, examining drivers and restraints for growth, pricing, distribution, technology, demand, and end-user trends. Market growth for regional and market segments is also forecast. In addition, an in-depth analysis of the competitive situation, including participants' market shares, is performed. The base year is 2010 with forecasts running through to 2017. The market is further divided into three sub-segments, namely, rotary pumps, reciprocating pumps, and peristaltic pumps. A detailed analysis of each subsegment is included.
- Investments in oil and gas, power generation, and water and wastewater are expected to drive the positive displacement (PD) pumps market in India.
- The presence of a large number of unorganized suppliers and the duplication of the design and the spare parts of pumps by small-scale suppliers are expected to restrain market growth.
- The total PD pumps market in India generated a revenue of $xxx.x million in 2010.
- The market is expected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of xx.x percent between 2010 and 2017.
- Economic growth and the demand for energy are expected to drive the markets for oil and gas and power generation.
- Investments in infrastructure and construction are expected to drive the markets for water and wastewater and chemicals.
- Rapid urbanization and population growth will drive the food and beverage and the pharmaceuticals markets.
- Diaphragm pumps are the most commonly used PD pumps in India, and are expected to witness a CAGR of xx.x percent between 2010 and 2017.
- The share of rotary pumps is expected to increase, while that of reciprocating pumps is likely to decrease.
- The adoption rate of peristaltic pumps is expected to increase during the forecast period.
KEY QUESTIONS THIS STUDY WILL ANSWER
- Is the market growing; how long will it continue to grow; at what rate will it grow?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- How will the structure of the market change over time? Is it ready for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered meeting customer needs, or is there additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready for sole undertakings, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Section Slide Numbers
Total PD Pumps Market --
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
The CEO’s 360 Degree Perspective
Rotary Pumps Segment Breakdown
Reciprocating Pumps Segment Breakdown
Peristaltic Pumps Segment Breakdown
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)