- Language: English
- 63 Pages
- Published: March 2012
- Region: China
The Chinese R&D Landscape - Chemical Engineering
- Published: June 2012
- Region: China
- 12 Pages
- Kairos Future Group AB
R&D in China in the field of chemical engineering- has surged over the last decade. This report seeks to answer the following questions related to this surge in R&D:
- Where in China does the R&D in the field of chemical engineering take place?
- What companies and academic institutions in China are driving this R&D effort?
- What has been the focus of Chinese R&D in the field of chemical engineering?
The foundation for the study has been the complete database of Chinese invention patents and patent applications from the State Intellectual Property Office of China. This database has been supplemented with geographical data, thereby providing information on the ‘who', ‘what', ‘where' and ‘when' of invention in China. Only patents with Chinese priority have been included in the analysis, i.e. not patents filed elsewhere but extended to China.
The following information is included in the report:
- The top 20 cities with regards to the number of patent applications in the field of chemical engineering, along with the number of applications and share of all applications in each city.
- The top 10 companies with regards to the number of patent applications in the field of chemical engineering, along with the cities they are located in, number of patent applications, and main patenting area (defined by the main International Patent Classification assigned to their patents).
- The top 10 academic institutions with regards to the number of patents applications in the field of chemical engineering, along with the cities they are located in, their number of patent applications, and main patenting area (defined by the main International Patent Classification assigned to their patents).
- The R&D focus in the field of chemical engineering, illustrated with a structured word cloud with the words most frequently used in patent abstracts in the field.
- The top 50 actors (including companies and academic institutions) in the field, with names and addresses in Chinese, as well as locations, number of patent applications, and main patenting area.
- The WIPO definition has been used, which includes patents with the main International Patent Classifications B01B, B01D-000#, B01D-01##, B01D-02##, B01D-03##, B01D-041, B01D-043, B01D-057, B01D-059, B01D-06##, B01D-07##, B01F, B01J, B01L, B02C, B03#, B04#, B05B, B06B, B07#, B08#, D06B, D06C, D06L, F25J, F26#, C14C, H05H. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
TOP 20 CITIES
TOP 10 COMPANIES
TOP 10 ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS
APPENDIX: CHINESE NAMES AND ADDRESSES FOR TOP COMPANIES AND INSTITUTIONS
Companies Mentioned Include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
- China National Offshore Oil Corporation
- China National Petroleum Corporation
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|