- Language: English
- 105 Pages
- Published: April 2012
- Region: United Kingdom
Domestic Garden Leisure Market Report - UK 2012-2016 Analysis
- Published: June 2012
- Region: United Kingdom
- 66 Pages
- AMA Research
AMA Research are pleased to announce the publication of the 11th Edition of the report “Garden Leisure Market Report - UK 2012-2016 Analysis”. This report is an up to date and comprehensive review of the domestic garden leisure sector, and includes original research on this market.
Product sectors reviewed include:
- Garden Furniture.
- Garden Leisure Accessories.
This unique report answers the need for both a quantitative and qualitative analysis of garden leisure products and represents an invaluable guide to the current situation in the market for sales and marketing professionals involved in the industry. Focusing on market size and trends, product mix, supply, distribution and future prospects, the report is comprehensive, informative and will facilitate operational and strategic decision-making processes.
It is estimated that the garden leisure market was worth over £540 million at retail selling prices in 2011. The market has experienced a period of stabilisiation following decline in 2008 and 2009 as a result of a number of factors which are assessed in the report. The report also assesses the implications of these changes for suppliers, distributors and retailers.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Market size for 2011 and 2012 and medium term forecasts to 2016.
- Changes to the material mix within the Garden Furniture sector.
- Changing price mix emphasis in the Barbecue sector.
- Key drivers within individual product sectors.
- Review of key suppliers
Key areas covered in the report include:
FUTURE PROSPECTS AND FORECASTS
- Prospects for the garden leisure market – major factors influencing future performance.
- Likely developments by product and market sectors.
- House building, historical trends, recent performance.
- Population profile, current trends, implications for the garden leisure industry etc.
GARDEN FURNITURE MARKET
- Market size by value – trends from 2006 through until 2016. Recent market performance, current situation and reasons for trends, including positive and negative factors affecting the market.
- Future trends for overall garden furniture – forecast to 2016, key factors influencing future prospects.
- Household penetration levels of total garden furniture.
- Product mix by type – tables, chairs, sets, benches, hammocks etc.
- Mix by Material - wood, metal, plastic/resin - market shares, changes by material since 2006.
- Key suppliers of different types of garden furniture, leading companies within the garden furniture market – market shares, positioning etc.
- Distribution channels for garden leisure products - channel shares (DIY, Garden Centres, Internet, Dept. Stores, Catalogue/Mail Order etc.), major companies involved in each channel.
- Size of barbecue market in both volume and value terms, 2006 through to 2011 with estimates for 2012 and forecasts to 2016. Reasons for recent trends, factors affecting the recent performance of the market.
- Forecasts for barbecue sales and factors influencing trends.
- Household penetration of barbecues – future growth prospects.
- Mix of barbecues by type – charcoal, gas - share by value, continuing growth of gas barbecues, other product trends.
- Changing nature of the product mix in the barbecue sector and key drivers for this change.
- Future prospects for the barbecue and accessories markets.
- Major manufacturers/suppliers of barbecues, brand shares for 2011, company information. Other suppliers involved in the manufacturing or distribution of barbecues and associated products.
- Distribution channels for barbecues and major chains/companies involved in each channel.
GARDEN LEISURE AND BARBECUE ACCESSORIES
- Barbecue and accessory fuel market, size by value and recent trends.
- Leisure accessory products including – patio heaters, chimeneas etc – changing trends, environmental issues etc.
- Market size estimates for each of the above product areas 2006-2016.
- Key suppliers for each of the above areas. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1.2 Sources Of Information
2. Summary And Future Prospects
2.2 Future Prospects
3. Economic Environment
3.2 Inflation & Interest Rates
3.4 Household Consumption
3.5 Housing & Construction
3.7 Population Profile
4. Market Overview
4.1 The Garden Products Market
4.2 The Domestic Garden Leisure Market
4.3 Domestic Garden Leisure Market Product Mix
5. Garden Furniture
5.2 Market Size And History
5.3 Household Penetration
5.4 Material Mix
5.5 Product Mix
5.6 Supply Structure
6.2 Market Size
6.3 Product Mix
6.3.1 Charcoal Barbecues
6.3.2 Gas Barbecues
6.3.3 Other Barbecues
6.4 Household Penetration
6.5 Supply Structure
7. Accessories Market
7.2 Overall Market Size
7.3 Barbecue/Patio Heater Fuels
7.4 Barbecue Accessories
7.5 Patio Heaters
8.1 Distribution Structure
8.2 Channel Share
8.3 Diy Multiples
8.4 Garden Centres
8.5 Internet Suppliers And E-Shopping.
8.6 Catalogue Stores And Mail Order
8.7 Department Stores And Variety Stores.
8.8 High Street Chains And Hardware Stores.
List Of Tables And Charts:
Table 1: Uk Market For Garden Leisure 2006-2016 (£M Rsp)
Chart 2: Interest Rates And Inflation (Cpi) From 1992-2016
Chart 3: Pdi & Savings Ratio At Current Prices 1992-2016
Table 4: Exchange Rate Fluctuations 2006-2012 - Sterling To The Dollar, And The Euro, Spot Rates
Chart 5: Age Distribution Of The Resident Uk Population Mid-2008 (‘000)
Chart 6: Share Of The Garden Products Market By Major Product Group 2011
Table 7: Uk Garden Leisure Market 2006-2016 (£M Rsp)
Chart 8: Uk Market For Garden Leisure 2011 - Value Mix By Product Type (Furniture, Bbqs, Accessories)
Table 9: Uk Domestic Garden Furniture Market 2006-2016 (£M Rsp)
Chart 10: Garden Furniture Market By Material By Value – Metal, Wood, Plastic/Resin - 2006-2012
Table 11: Key Garden Furniture Companies And Materials Used
Table 12: Garden Furniture Product Mix 2003, 2006, 2009 – Tables, Chairs, Sets, Benches, Hammocks Etc - % By Value
Table 13: Supplier Market Shares - Uk Domestic Garden Furniture Market 2008
Table 14: Uk Barbecue Market Volume & Value 2006-2016
Table 15: Product Mix Of Barbecues (Charcoal, Gas, Others) Uk 2012
Chart 16: Uk Product Mix Of Barbecues – By Value 2006, 2009 & 2012
Chart 17: Uk Household Penetration Of Barbecues 1986-2011
Table 18: Uk Barbecue Brand Share 2012
Table 19: Uk Garden Leisure Accessory Market 2006-2016 (£M Rsp) – Fuel, Accessories, Outdoor Heaters
Chart 20: Garden Leisure Distribution Channels
Table 21: Uk Distribution Channel Shares For Garden Leisure Products 2011 - % By Value
Chart 22: Garden & Leisure Products Market Share By Major Multiple 2011
Table 23: Product Mix 2011 % Sector For The Specialist Garden E-Tailers - Horticultural, Garden Leisure, Equipment, Buildings, Sundries, Chemicals (£M Rsp)
This is the eleventh edition of the Garden Leisure Market Report and reviews the market for garden furniture, barbecues and associated accessories estimated to be worth an overall £540 million. The report assesses developments in the garden leisure market in the light of the current economic climate and provides an overall analysis of the sector, with indications of the threats and opportunities likely to affect the future performance of this market. The report consists of over 65 pages, including a variety of tables and charts, with forecasts until 2016.
The market experienced high levels of growth at the start of the decade, benefiting from high consumer confidence, good weather in key trading periods, and media coverage, creating interest in the garden as a living area. However, spending on garden leisure products lowed due to a combination of factors including falling consumer confidence in the face of the poor economy and successive cold, wet spring and summer periods.
2010 saw the start of recovery in the market as some improvement was seen in the economy. This continued through 2011 with warm weather and an additional bank holiday in the spring boosting sales, although the summer was wet, limiting sales in this period.
In the medium to long term, the garden leisure market is forecast to see consistent growth. The climate in the UK is expected to become warmer and dryer in the summers and milder, although wetter, in the winter in the long term. This could see the barbecue season expand and demand for garden leisure products increase.
Although the future is difficult to predict due to the market’s reliance on good weather in an unpredictable climate, we expect to see all sectors of the market grow in future years, with an estimated market value of £617 million in 2016.
Garden leisure products are increasingly sourced and manufactured abroad, particularly in the Far East and Eastern Europe, where production costs are much lower than those in the UK. This has led to low levels of manufacturing of garden leisure products in the UK.
Garden leisure products are distributed through 6 main channels. These are DIY sheds, garden centres, high street chains and department stores, catalogue and mail order retailers and hardware stores and independent DIY retailers.
- Acorn Hardwood Furniture
- Alexander Rose
- Barlow Tyrie
- Big K Products UK
- Blue Diamond
- Britannic Garden Furniture
- Calor Gas
- Cast-iron Chimineas UK
- Chimineas Inc
- Coleman UK
- Dobbies Garden Centres
- Europa Leisure
- Garden Centre Online
- Garden Products Online
- Garden XL
- Gloster Furniture
- Gone Gardening
- Great Little Garden
- Greenfingers Trading
- Grosfillex UK
- Hartmann UK
- Haskins Garden Centres Hillier Nurseries
- Jacobs Young & Westbury
- John Robertson
- Keter (UK)
- Kettler (GB)
- Kirklees Developments
- Klondyke Garden Centres
- La Hacienda
- Lead the Good Lif
- Leisuregrow Products
- Li-Lo Leisure Products
- OMC Barbecues
- Outdoor Chef (Europe)
- P J Bridgman
- Pro-Team UK
- Rectella International
- Sierra Space Heating
- Solus Garden and Leisure UK
- Sunshine Barbecues
- Taylors Garden Buildings
- The Garden & Leisure Group
- The Garden and Home Trading Company
- The Garden Centre Group
- The Internet Gardener
- Van Hage
- Walkham Teak
- Weber-Stephen Products
- Westminster Teak