• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Industry Report Card: The U.S. Midstream Energy Sector's Stability Is Likely To Continue Apr 12
Standard & Poors, April 2012
The 2012 outlook for credit quality in the U.S. midstream energy will likely remain stable. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services expects the U.S. economy to grow slowly but will remain somewhat weak. While in the aggregate, we expect credit quality to be stable, certain subsectors will see beneficial trends, while others will suffer. Many midstream companies continue to benefit from exposure to strong crude oil prices due to limited spare global capacity, and robust natural gas liquids (NGL) prices. However, natural gas prices remain weak at about $2.00 per million British thermal units (mmBtu) and pipeline transportation rates in some areas of the country are under pressure. The low natural gas prices don't stem from economic weakness but from a...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues.
- Colorado Interstate Gas Co.
- El Paso Natural Gas Co.
- Florida Gas Transmission Co. LLC
- Kinder Morgan Inc.
- Northwest Pipeline G.P.
- Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Co LP
- Southern Natural Gas Co.
- Southern Union Co.
- Texas Gas Transmission LLC
- Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Co. LLC
- The Williams Cos. Inc.
- Colonial Pipeline Co.
- Explorer Pipeline Co.
- LOOP LLC
- Tennessee Gas Pipeline Co.
- Enogex LLC
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P.
- El Paso Corp.
- Buckeye Partners L.P.
- Enbridge Energy Partners L.P.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P.
- Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline LLC
- Northern Border Pipeline Co.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P.
- DCP Midstream LLC
- Iroquois Gas Transmission System L.P.
- ONEOK Partners L.P.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP
- NuStar Energy L.P.
- Star Gas Partners L.P.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P.
- Southern Star Central Corp.
- MarkWest Energy Partners L.P.
- Inergy L.P.
- Aventine Renewable Energy Holdings Inc.
- Gulf South Pipeline Co. L.P.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P.
- Cheniere Energy Inc.
- Coffeyville Resources LLC
- Gulfstream Natural Gas System LLC
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P.
- Copano Energy LLC
- Williams Partners L.P.
- Rockies Express Pipeline LLC
- Regency Energy Partners L.P.
- Spectra Energy Corp.
- IFM (U.S.) Colonial Pipeline 2 LLC
- Energy Transfer Partners L.P.
- NGPL PipeCo LLC
- Crosstex Energy L.P.
- Targa Resources Partners LP
- Southeast Supply Header Pipeline LLC
- Midcontinent Express Pipeline LLC
- DCP Midstream Partners L.P.
- Energy Transfer Equity L.P.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners L.P.
- Genesis Energy, L.P.
- PVR Partners L.P.
- Crestwood Holdings LLC
- Crestwood Midstream Partners L.P.
- Western Gas Partners L.P.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P.
- SemGroup Corp.
- Eagle Rock Energy Partners L.P.
- Associated Asphalt Partners LLC