• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Developing Winning Strategies To Attract Postgraduate Students From China - Summary Report / International Students: Maximising the Potential from China - Segmenting Postgraduates from China
DVL Smith, June 2011, Pages: 194
China is a key source of revenue for educational institutions. To identify the key opportunities and develop an effective strategy - in what is an increasingly competitive market - you need the latest insights into potential students from China. DVL Smith / Evolution Research have just conducted a major survey of 1,000 mainland China residents aged 16-40 years who are currently considering a post graduate degree overseas. From this study the authors have created both an actionable segmentation framework as well as mapping of the student journey. These two 'stand-alone' reports are designed to fit together to provide a comprehensive analyses of "where to play" and "how to win" - providing the basis for an effective 'China Strategy'. Rich in the latest insights from China - these reports are a critical platform for developing your institution's business, marketing and communication strategies. From this research you will learn, amongst other things, how to:
- Differentiate your university's brand in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- Develop a more effective and efficient programme to reach your desired audience
- Create the engaging overseas 'university experience' Chinese students now expect
- Deliver the value for money offer that students from China are increasingly seeking.
This report is split into 2 documents:
- Part 1 "Developing Winning Strategies To Attract Postgraduate Students From China - Summary Report" is a 36 page Word Document.
- Part 2 "International Students: Maximising the Potential from China - Segmenting Postgraduates from China" is a PowerPoint file with 158 pages of analysis and tables.
This report provides a segmentation of different categories of Chinese student considering postgraduate education overseas. Understanding how needs vary will help educational institutes tailor their communications to each segment.
2. Trends In The International Postgraduate Market.
3. Chinese Overseas Postgraduate Applicants’ Choice Of Country And University.
4. An Assessment Of The Needs Of Chinese Students.
5. Variations In The Needs And Expectations Of Chinese Postgraduate Students.
6. Creating Marketing Communication Strategies Tailored To The Different Needs Of Chinese Postgraduate Students
List of Figures:
Figure 1: Number of students studying outside their home country
Figure 2: % of UK University revenue from non-EU domicile students1
Figure 3: Chinese Students as a % of all international students2 (latest reported year)
Figure 4: Percentage of all Chinese international students studying in the UK1
Figure 5: Total Number of Chinese postgraduate students in the UK3
Figure 6: Projected number of Chinese postgraduate students studying abroad
Figure 7: Most important factors in the decision to consider postgraduate study overseas
Figure 8: Where would consider doing postgraduate study
Figure 9: Approach to deciding which university and postgraduate course to enquire
Figure 10: Countries being considered for postgraduate study
Figure 11: First choice country for postgraduate study
Figure 12: Second choice country for postgraduate study
Figure 13: First choices for postgraduate study
Figure 14: Factors believe characterise universities in different countries. Statements shown in MaxDiff exercise:
Figure 15: ‘Unconstrained’ needs
Figure 16: ‘Constrained’ needs
Figure 17: The relationship between the characteristics of UK universities and important factors in applying to an overseas university
Figure 18: Perspectives on Postgraduate Study
Figure 19: Influence of financial considerations
Figure 20: How planning to fund postgraduate study
Figure 21: why did not apply to universities to which enquired
Figure 22: satisfaction with the overall application process
Figure 23: how could improve the enquiry and application process
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.