Public Safety LTE: A Global Assessment of Market Size, Technology, Vendor Trends and Spectrum Allocation 2012 - 2016
- Language: English
- 85 Pages
- Published: March 2012
- Region: Global
This comprehensive resource contains a detailed methodology for assessing, analyzing and optimizing End-to-End Service Performance under different cellular technologies (GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA and CDMA2000). It includes guidelines for analyzing numerous different services, including FTP, WEB streaming and POC, including examples of analysis and troubleshooting from a user point-of-view.
- Focuses on the end-user perspective, with a detailed analysis of the main sources of service performance degradation and a comprehensive description of mobile data services
- Includes a detailed presentation of generic key performance indicators (KPIs) which can be re-defined to comply with each particular network
- Provides service performance benchmarking for different technologies from real networks
- Explores a new approach to service management known as customer experience management, including the reasons why it is overcoming traditional service management and its impact on revenues and customer satisfaction
- Illustrates all points throughout using real world examples gleaned from cutting-edge research
This book draws together findings from authoritative sources that will appeal to cellular network operators and vendors. The theory-based, practical approach will be of interest to postgraduate students and telecommunication and consulting companies working in the field of cellular technologies.
List of Contributors.
1 Introduction (John Cullen, Mattias Wahlqvist and Gerardo Gómez).
1.1 Mobile Services in Perspective.
1.2 Mobile Technology Evolution.
1.3 Motivation for QoS.
2 Cellular Wireless Technologies (Petteri Hakalin, Pablo Tapia, Juan Ramiro-Moreno, Raquel Rodríguez, Ma Carmen Aguayo-Torres and Rafael Sánchez).
2.4 IS-95/CDMA2000-1x, EV-DV, EV-DO.
2.6 Future Outlook.
3 Data Services Architecture and Standardization (Salvador Hierrezuelo, Alejandro Gil, Juan Guerrero, Raquel Rodríguez, Juan Torreblanca, Mattias Wahlqvist and Gerardo Gómez)
3.2 Services Architecture.
3.3 Data Protocols Characteristics.
3.7 Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC).
3.8 Network Gaming Services.
4 Quality of Service Mechanisms (Raquel Rodríguez, Daniel Fernández, Héctor Montes, Salvador Hierrezuelo and Gerardo Gómez).
4.1 What is Quality of Service?
4.2 IP-Based QoS.
4.3 QoS Architecture in 3GPP and 3GPP2.
4.4 QoS Policy Management.
5 End-to-End Service Performance Analysis (Rafael Sánchez, Gerardo Gómez, Pablo Ameigeiras, Jorge Navarro and Gabriel Ramos).
5.2 Service Performance Characterization.
5.3 Data Link Effects.
5.4 Transport and Application Layer Effects.
5.5 Impact of Network Dimensioning in the Service Performance.
6 Service Performance Verification and Benchmarking (Rafael Sánchez, Manuel Martínez, Salvador Hierrezuelo, Juan Guerrero and Juan Torreblanca).
6.2 Key Performance Indicators.
6.3 Trial Methodology.
6.4 Technology Benchmarking.
6.5 Performance Analysis Example.
7 Customer Experience Management (Brian Carroll).
7.1 Overview of Customer Experience Management.
7.2 CEM and Service Management.
7.3 Advantages CEM Brings to an Operator.
8 Service Performance Optimization (Gerardo Gómez, Juan Torreblanca and Mattias Wahlqvist).
8.2 Network-Level Optimization.
8.3 Transport-Level Optimization.
8.4 Compression Techniques.
8.5 Performance Enhancing Proxies.
Gerardo Gomez Tartec, Spain.
Rafael Sanchez Nokia.