During Advanced Illness Care Coordination: A Case Study on Aetna's Compassionate Care Program, a 45-minute webinar on June 13, 2012, now available for replay Dr. Joseph Agostini, senior medical director, Aetna Medicare, shares the key features of the Compassionate Care Program at Aetna, along with the impact the program has had on healthcare utilization and quality outcomes.
You will learn:
- How providing information, tools and resources contributes to higher quality of care for those with advanced illness;
- Best practices and barriers that commonly arise during the care of advanced illness patients;
- Patient identification and engagement techniques, including the use of motivational interviewing to improve communication and goal attainment;
- How a member centric system, which includes case management and other clinical assessments helps case managers address the holistic needs of the patients; and
- Results from the program that illustrate the program's impact at the best intersection of quality and cost.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings - no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to watch the program.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
- Medical directors
- Health plan executives
- Hospital executives
- Clinical and quality improvement executives
- Disease management directors
- Managers and coordinators
- Physician executives
- Hospice professionals
- Business development and strategic planning directors.
Results and ROI from Healthcare Embedded Case
Sampling of Most Effective Embedded Case Management
Tool, Workflow or Protocol
Using This Report
Analysis of Responses
Responses by Sector
Respondents in Their Own Words
Greatest Challenge of Embedded Case Management
Greatest Benefit of Embedded Case Management
Tool, Intervention With Most Significant Impact on
Populations Served by Embedded Case Managers
Outstanding Embedded Case Management Interventions
Most Important Factor of a Successful Case
Most Important Contribution of an Embedded CM
Responses to Questions
Figure 1: All - Utilize Case Managers
Figure 2: All - Targeted Populations for Embedded CM
Figure 3: All - Targeted Conditions for Embedded CM
Figure 4: All - When Embedded CM is Most Effective
Figure 5: All - Identifying Individuals for Embedded CM
Figure 6: All - Care Sites of Embedded CMs
Figure 7: All - Typical Duties of an Embedded CM
Figure 8: All - Most Important Responsibility of an Embedded CM
Figure 9: All - Average Monthly Caseload of an Embedded CM
Figure 10: All - How Embedded CMs Interact with Patients
Figure 11: All - Preferred Education Level
Figure 12: All - Additional Certifications Required
Figure 13: All - Evaluating an Embedded CM’s Performance
Figure 14: All - Overall Program Impact
Figure 15: All - Program ROI
Figure 16: All - Organization Type
Appendix A: 2012 Healthcare Case Management Survey Tool
About the Speaker
Patients in the Compassionate Care program get more of the kind of care that they want and spend less time in the hospital.
Dr. Joseph Agostini is the senior medical director for the Aetna Medicare team. He is responsible for medical management strategy, clinical initiatives, and provider collaboration oversight for Aetna Medicare members.
Dr. Agostini was previously on the full-time faculty at Yale School of Medicine in geriatrics. His academic research background focused on clinical epidemiology and health services research, medication prescribing in older persons, and patient safety.
Dr. Agostini is a graduate of Yale University and Vanderbilt School of Medicine. He completed post-graduate training in internal medicine and geriatric medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital and a fellowship in the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program. He is board certified in internal medicine and geriatric medicine.