- Language: English
- 372 Pages
- Published: December 2009
Horticultural Reviews. Horticultural Reviews, V38. Volume 38
- Published: February 2011
- 430 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Horticultural Reviews presents state-of-the-art reviews on topics in horticultural science and technology covering both basic and applied research. Topics covered include the horticulture of fruits, vegetables, nut crops, and ornamentals. These review articles, written by world authorities, bridge the gap between the specialized researcher and the broader community of horticultural scientists and teachers.
Dedication: Maxine M. Thompson (Kim Hummer).
1. Biology and Physiology of Vines (Kevin C. Vaughan and Andrew J. Bowling).
II. Evolution and Taxonomic Distribution of Vines.
III. Classification of Vines.
IV. How Is Touch Perceived?
V. Light Perception and Finding a Support.
VI. Genetic Approaches.
VII. Summary and Conclusions.
2. Origin and Dissemination of Almond (Thomas M. Gradziel).
III. Wild Badam.
IV. Cultivated Greek Nut.
V. Old World Dissemination.
VI. New World Dissemination.
VII. Global Commerce.
VIII. Evolving Requisites for Commercial Almond.
3. Factors Affecting Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Composition (Paolo Inglese, Franco Famiani, Fabio Galvano, Maurizio Servili, Sonia Esposto, and Stephania Urbani).
I. The Concept of Olive Oil Quality.
II. EVOO Composition and Nutritional Properties.
III. Sources of Variability of EVOO Composition and Properties.
IV. Agronomical and Environmental Factors Affecting EVOO Composition and Quality.
V. Technological Factors Affecting EVOO Composition and Quality.
VI. Summary and Conclusions.
4. Quality and Yield Responses of Deciduous Fruits to Reduce Irrigation (M. H. Behboudian, J. Marsal, J. Girona, and G. Lopez).
III. Stone Fruits.
IV. Pome Fruits.
V. Conclusions and Future Prospects.
5. Hot Water Treatment of Fruits and Vegetables for Postharvest Storage (Elazar Fallik).
II. Hot Water Technologies.
III. Combination Treatments.
IV. Hot Water Treatments and Fresh Cut.
V. Summary and Conclusions.
6. Promotion of Adventitious Root Formation of Difficult-to-Root Hardwood Tree Species (Paula M. Pijut, Keith E. Woeste, and Charles H. Michler).
II. Genetics and Physiology of Adventitious Root Formation.
III. Controllable Factors That Affect Rooting of Cuttings.
IV. Case Study of Horticultural versus Forest Tree Species.
7. Water and Nutrient Management in the Production of Container-Growth Ornamentals (John C. Majsztrik, Andrew G. Ristvey, and John D. Lea-Cox).
II. Soilless Substrates.
8. World Vegetable Industry: Production, Breeding, Trends (João Silva Dias and Edward J. Ryder).
II. The Worldwide Vegetable Industry.
III. Vegetable Production Strategies.
IV. Vegetable Breeding.
V. Summary and Conclusions.
9. Regulation of Anthocyanin Accumulation in Apple Peel (Adriana Telias, James M. Bradeen, James J. Luby, Emily E. Hoover, and Andrew C. Allen).
II. Apple Peel Color.
III. Genetic Control of Anthocyanin Accumulation.
IV. Factors Affecting Anthocyanin Accumulation.
V. Mechanisms Affecting Anthocyanin Accumulation Patterns.
Cumulative Subject Index.
Cumulative Contributor Index.
|Hard Copy (Hard Back)||The book will be shipped to you. The cover has a hard back.|