• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Modern Safety and Resource Control Management
John Wiley and Sons Ltd, February 2000, Pages: 324
A highly effective approach to safety and health management in the industrial setting.
Over the past two decades, the role of workplace safety and health professionals has expanded dramatically to encompass not only OSHA compliance, but a host of other regulatory and risk management areas such as fire protection, workers' compensation, insurance, quality control, and more. Defining this new role as the management of safety and resource control, this timely and comprehensive work introduces a unique method for effectively managing both loss prevention and the safety function in the industrial setting. The author incorporates MBO and TQM management techniques as well as contemporary ideas and technologies, providing clear guidelines and discussions on how to implement the new approach to the loss prevention and safety function, including:
- How to use a circular management pattern to design, implement, and manage regulatory compliance programs
- How to deal with emerging risk issues such as ergonomics, tuberculosis, or workplace violence
- How to establish a new goal methodology based on performance rather than injuries/illnesses
- How new technologies affect the loss prevention and safety function
- How to assess one's current program, perform cost/benefit analysis, and build an individual action plan
- How to minimize risks of corporate and individual liabilities
- Where to find information on different federal and state laws and regulations
Functions and Frictions.
Learning from the Past.
In Search of the Safety Grail.
One Size Does Not Fit All.
Cultural Shift and Psychological Nexus.
My Problem Employees.
Compliance as the Foundation.
Quality and Ethical Considerations.
The Compliance Circle.
Capturing the Entrepreneurial Spirit.
A Team is Better Than the Sum of Its Parts.
Give'em the Tools to Be Successful.
Thinking Outside the Traditional Box.
You Pay the Bill.
Safety and the Law.
The Wired World.
Know Where You are and Where You Want to Go.
The Ravioli Methodology.
Keeping Up with the Joneses.
The Expansion Draft.
The Wall Street Influence.
Maximize Your Strengths and "Cut" Your Losses.
The Grapevine Influence.
The Future of Safety and Resource Control.
THOMAS D. SCHNEID, PhD, is a professor of law and safety at Eastern Kentucky University. He is also an attorney/partner with the firm Schneid, Schumann and Associates PLLC in the areas of labor/employment and environment and safety.