Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications. 2nd Edition. Wiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering
- Language: English
- 656 Pages
- Published: February 2011
- Region: Global
There have been significant advances in the synthesis and physical realization of microwave filter networks over the last three decades. This book provides a coherent and readable description of system requirements and constraints for microwave filters, fundamental considerations in the theory and design of microwave filters, up-to-date modern synthesis techniques with examples and technology considerations in the choice of hardware.
1. Radio Frequency (RF) Filter Networks for Wireless Communications-The System Perspective.
PART I: INTRODUCTION TO A COMMUNICATION SYSTEM, RADIO SPECTRUM, AND INFORMATION.
PART II: NOISE IN A COMMUNICATION CHANNEL.
PART III: IMPACT OF SYSTEM DESIGN ON THE REQUIRMENTS OF FILTER NETWORKS.
2. Fundamentals of Circuit Theory Approximation.
3. Characterization of Lossless Lowpass Prototype filter functions.
4. Computer-Aided Synthesis of Characteristic Polynomials.
5. Analysis of Multiport Microwave Networks.
6. Synthesis of a General Class of the Chebyshev Filter Function.
7. Synthesis of Network - Circuit Approach.
8. Coupling Matrix Synthesis of Filter Networks.
9. Reconfiguration of the Folded Coupling Matrix.
10. Synthesis and Application of Extracted Pole and Trisection Elements.
11. Microwave Resonators.
12. Waveguide and Coaxial Lowpass Filters.
13. Waveguide Realization of Single- and Dual-Mode Resonator Filters.
14. Design and Physical Realization of Coupled Resonator Filters.
15. Advanced EM-Based Design Techniques for Microwave Filters.
16. Dielectric Resonator Filters.
17. AllPass Phase and Group Delay Equalizer Networks.
18. Multiplexer Theory and Design.
19. Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Tuning of Microwave Filters.
20. High-Power Considerations in Microwave Filter Networks.
"Provides by far the most comprehensive coverage available of powerful design techniques involving the use of coupling matrices. This is a book that every microwave filter design specialist will want to study and have on their bookshelf. It could also be the text for an advanced course on filter design." (IEEE Microwave Magazine, October 2008)