This authoritative book consolidates a wealth of information into one single source so the reader can compare, select, and integrate a material solution as needed. After an introductory overview that encompasses emerging trends in polyolefin composite research and development, it covers polyolefin microcomposites, polyolefin nanocomposites, and advanced polyolefin nano and molecular composites. With chapters contributed by leading experts from several countries, it:
Covers several aspects of polyolefin composites such as processing, morphological characterization, crystallization, structure and properties, and performance evaluation at micro and nano structural levels
Delves into processing, covering in–situ reactive blending, functionalization, compatibilization, and addition of micro– or nano–sized inorganic or organic additives of natural or synthetic origin having different functional capabilities to improve performance and/or to aid processing
Details modeling and simulation, engineering performance properties, and applications
Describes the latest developments in nano–structured polyolefin composites, such as polyolefin/clay nanocomposites, polyolefin nano fiber composites, polyolefin/carbon nano tube composites, and more
This is a practical, hands–on reference for polymer engineers and scientists conducting research on polyolefin composites, professionals in construction, transportation, and other industries using specialized structural materials, and graduate students studying polymer science and engineering.
Polyolefin Microcomposites .
2. Polypropylene Natural Cellulosic Fiber Composites (Robert A. Shanks ).
3. Polyolefin/Natural Fiber Composites (Laly A. Pothan, Adriaan S. Luyt, and Sabu Thomas).
4. Composites and Nanocomposites of Polyolefins and Some Blends of Polyolefins/PA6 as Matrices and CaCO3, Wood Flour, Sisal Fiber, Hydroxiapatite and Montmorillonite as Fillers.(Carmen Albano and Rosestela Perera).
5. Ethylene Propylene Diene Rubber/Carbon Black Composites (Soney C. George and Sabu Thomas).
6. Selected Topics on Polypropylene/Wood Flour Composites: Thermal, Mechanical and Time Dependent Response (María M. Reboredo, Mirta. I. Aranguren, and Norma E. Marcovich).
7. Deformation and Fracture, Behavior of Natural Filler Reinforced Polypropylene (Celina Bernal).
Polyolefin Nanocomposites .
8. Metallocene Catalyzed Functionalized Polyolefins in Composites (Ulla Hippi, Noora Ristolainen, Barbro Löfgren, and Jukka Seppälä).
9. Preparation and Properties of Polyethylene/Layered silicate (Yuan Hu, Hongdian Lu, and Lei Song
10. Polypropylene/Clay Nanocomposites (Xuehong Lu, Ke Wang, and Yang Choo Chua).
11. Layered Double Hydroxide (LDH)–Polyolefin Nanocomposites. Preparation, Structure and Properties (José Ignacio Velasco).
12. Effect of NanoFillers on Crystallization, Phase Transformation and Thermo–Mechanical Behavior of Poly(1–butene) (Santosh D. Wanjale and Jyoti P. Jog).
13. Towards Polyethylene Nanocomposites with Controlled Properties (Yvonne A. Akpalu).
14. Fracture Behavior of Polyolefin–Silicate Nanocomposites (Sie Chin Tjong).
Advanced Polyolefin Nano and Molecular Composites .
15. Polyolefin–Clay Nanocomposites: Theory and Simulation (Anna C. Balazs, Jozef Bicerano, and Valeriy V. Ginzburg).
16. Monte Carlo Modeling of Polyethylene Nanocomposites (Rahmi Ozisik, Peter J. Dionne, and Catalin R. Picu).
17. Characteristics of Multi–Wall Carbon Nanotube and Polyethylene Composites Prepared by Gelation/Crystallization from Solutions (Masaru Matsuo, Yuezhen Bin, Qingyun Chen, and Atsuko Yamanaka).
18. Crystallization Behavior of Polyethylene/Carbon Nanotube Composites (Lingyu Li, Bing Li, Steve L. Kodjie, and Christopher Y. Li).
19. Formation of Shish–kebab Structures in Ultra–high Molecular Weight Polyethylene/Polyethylene Composites Under Shear flow (Toshiji Kanaya, G. Matsuba and K. Nishida).
20. Template Crystallization of Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polypropylene Induced by Chain Orientation of Co–crystallized Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polyethylene (Rockliffe St. John Manley and Thein Kyu).