- Language: English
- Published: July 2013
Strategies for Protecting National Critical Infrastructure Assets. A Focus on Problem-Solving
- Published: October 2007
- Region: Global
- 648 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Strategies for Protecting National Critical Infrastructure Assets eases the research burden, develops investigative protocols, and pulls together data into a comprehensive and practical guide, to help the serious reader understand advanced concepts and techniques of risk assessment with an emphasis on meeting the security needs of the critical national infrastructure. The text is divided into five major sections, which are further broken down by individual chapters, each addressing one element of risk assessment as well as focusing attention on applying the risk assessment methodology to a particular industry. This book establishes a new and acceptable approach for conducting risk assessments in a high-risk world.
- Helps the reader to understand advanced concepts and techniques of risk assessment
- Provides a quick, reliable, and practical "briefcase" reference to use in the office as well as on the road
- Introduces the elements of the risk assessment process by defining its purpose and objectives, describing the behavioural and physical sciences, the techniques employed in the process, and the measurement and evaluation tools and standards used to perform an objective risk assessment.
PART 1: UNDERSTANDING THE ENVIRONMENT.
2. Environments That Influence the Security Assessment: Threat, Western Values, and the National Critical Infrastructure Sectors.
PART II: UNDERSTANDING SECURITY ASSESSMENTS.
3. The Security Assessment: What, Why, And When.
4. A Proven Security Assessment Methodology.
5. Task 1--Project Strategic Planning: Understanding Service Requirements.
6. Task 2--Critical Assessment: Understanding the Service Environment.
7. Task 3--Identify And Characterize Threats to the Service Environment.
8. Task 4--Evaluate Program Effectiveness.
9. Task 5--Program Analyses.
10. Reporting Security Assessment Results.
PART III: TAILORING THE S3E SECURITY METHODOLOGY TO SPECIFIC CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS.
11. The Water Sector.
12. The Energy Sector.
13. The Transportation Sector.
14. The Chemical and Hazardous-Materials Sector.
15. The Agriculture and Food Sector.
16. The Banking and Finance Sector.
17. The Telecomunications Sector.
John Sullivant, CSC, CHS-III, CPP, Owner and President of S3E?Sisters Three Entrepreneurs Security Consultants company, is one of the nation's foremost experts in antiterrorism planning, preparedness, and response. He has more than four decades of experience addressing strategy, policy, and initiatives important to complex security challenges with a particular focus on the development, implementation, and evaluation of security operations; system analysis; benchmarking programs and operations; and organization performance measurement and work redesign. He has experience at the highest levels of industry, academia, government, and professional services interfacing with multinational organizations and agencies.