- Language: English
- 232 Pages
- Published: September 2011
- Region: World
Validation of Communications Systems with SDL. The Art of SDL Simulation and Reachability Analysis
- Published: April 2003
- 310 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Validation of Communications Systems with SDL provides a clear practical guide to validating, by simulation, a telecom system modelled in SDL. SDL, the Specification and Description Language standardised by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), is used to specify and develop complex systems such as GSM, GPRS, UMTS, IEEE 802.11 or Hiperlan. Since the downturn in the telecom industry, validating a system before its implementation has become mandatory to reduce costs.
This volume guides you step by step through the validation of a simplified protocol layer, from interactive simulation to proof of properties using reachability analysis combined with observers. Every step is explained, using the two main SDL tools commercially available: ObjectGeode™ and Tau SDL™ Suite, both from Telelogic.
- Short tutorial on SDL
- Presentation of the protocol layer case study
- Interactive simulation, MSC generation
- Scripting, automatic non-regression
- Auto matic validation against MSC, HMSC, etc.
- Random simulation
- Exhaustive and bit-state simulation
- Errors detected and not detected by simulation
- Other simulator features
This book offers you the opportunity to:
- Learn expert validation techniques and tips
- Master advanced simulation features of Telelogic ObjectGeode™ and Tau SDL Suite™
- Practice 156 hands-on exercises with solutions. The SDL models and scripts used in the exercises can be downloaded from the Web. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Quick Tutorial on SDL.
The V.76 Protocol Case Study.
Automatic Observation of Simulations.
Other Simulator Features.
Laurent Doldi worked for several years in safety-critical software development at Airbus. He then joined Verilog in 1987 where he used SDL for many customer applications. Since 1997 Doldi has been a private consultant, using Telelogic's ObjectGeode™ and Tau SDL Suite™ for design, simulation and code generation worldwide on UMTS, GPRS, rocket mission-critical software, PC firmware, and several satellite communications systems. Laurent Doldi is also author of SDL Illustrated - Visually design executable models - TMSO - ISBN 2-9516600-0-6.
|Hard Copy (Hard Back)||The book will be shipped to you. The cover has a hard back.|