Fuzzy Logic. Implementation and Applications
- ID: 2181495
- April 1996
- 340 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Fuzzy logic–based circuits are instrumental in computer hardware applications. Currently, they are widely relied upon to recognize gradual and relative properties in electronic and real data. This comprehensive edited volume focuses on 'fuzzy technology'. Presented in four clearly organized thematic sections, coverage includes fuzzy set theory, fuzzy logic control, examples of fuzzy logic implementations and finally examples of neuro–fuzzy hybrid systems and their applications. Featuring:
* Explanation of classical fuzzy logic, fuzzy arithmetic operations, approximate reasoning and fuzzy control in terms of Boolean logic, set theory, and control theory
* Detailed discussion of digital and analog implementation of fuzzy logic discrete and VLSI circuits
* Coverage of fuzzy control–based systematic design methodology, and assessment of the compatibility of conventional control with crisp fuzzy control
* An overview of the latest fuzzy logic digital and analog hardware applications including CMOS and CAD tools
* Includes chapter–by–chapter synopses and exercises
Written by a team of internationally renowned computer science specialists, this is a forward–looking account of the emergence of neuro–fuzzy systems. Professional computer scientists and engineers developing fuzzy logic applications will find this an invaluable reference. Researchers and students in the broad field of artificial intelligence will find this a source of inspiration.
Fuzzy Sets in Approximate Reasoning: A Personal View.
FUZZY LOGIC CONTROL.
Fuzzy Logic Control: A systematic Design and Performance Assessment Methodology.
On the Compatibility of Fuzzy Control and Conventional Control Techniques.
On the Crisp–Type Fuzzy Controller: Behaviour Analysis and Improvement.
FUZZY LOGIC HARDWARE IMPLEMENTATIONS.
Design Considerations of Digital Fuzzy Logic Controllers.
Parallel Algorithm for Fuzzy Logic Controller.
Design Automation of Fuzzy Logic Circuits.
HYBRID SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS.
Neuro–Fuzzy Systems: Hybrid Configurations.
A Fuzzy Logic Approach to Handwriting Recognition.