• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Successes and Failures Case Study: Woodchuck Hard Cider
Datamonitor, June 2012, Pages: 7
This case study looks at how Woodchuck Hard Cider from the Vermont Hard Cider Company has succeeded in appealing to the experimental side of US drinkers.
- Access comprehensive analysis of global successes and failures in the consumer packaged goods industry to drive ideation and inspiration.
- Obtain country-specific consumer insight to understand the consumer attitudes and needs that underpinned innovation success/failure.
- Avoid costly investments by learning important lessons from companies and brands that have failed or under-delivered.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the CPG industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your category.
- Around 80% of new product innovation fails – highlighting the challenge that industry players face in innovating in today’s competitive market landscape. Failed innovation can severely undermine profits and brand reputations. Conversely, the rewards for successful innovation are substantial.
- Datamonitor is constantly monitoring the big winners and losers in the CPG industry. Each case contains background information, describes how developments unfolded, and is contextualized by Datamonitor’s own research and analysis.
- This case looks at the example of Woodchuck, from the Vermont Hard Cider Company, and how it has succeeded in appealing to the experimental side of US drinkers.
Reasons to Purchase
- Why is Woodchuck Hard Cider considered an interesting case of success?
- How does Datamonitor judge the success of Woodchuck Hard Cider?
- What consumer insight has underpinned this?
- What can I learn from the success of Woodchuck Hard Cider?