- Published: April 2012
- Region: China
Analysis of the Mobile Endpoint Security Products Market
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
- 117 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
The explosion of mobile devices has drastically changed how end users are accessing data and communicating today while quickly becoming alternative vectors for spreading malware or other malicious threats. This research service covers the global mobile endpoint security products market. It examines drivers and restraints for growth, pricing, distribution and demand. Additionally, the study contains an in-depth analysis of the competitive situation, including vendors' market shares and profiles of the key vendors in the industry. The market is further divided into the following three segments: consumer, midsize, and enterprise. The base year is 2011, and forecasts run through 2016.
- Smartphones and other mobile devices are quickly replacing traditional desktop and laptop machines. According to Frost & Sullivan, the global smartphone and tablet market reached million units in 2011.
- As smartphones and tablets continue to proliferate in the consumer and business segments, security is becoming more of a crucial necessity for mobile devices. Hackers are now targeting smartphone mobile devices for spreading mobile malware.
- The Android operating system (OS) open application (app) market space makes malware very easy for hackers to distribute. According to Juniper Networks, in 2011 the vast majority of mobile malware was related to Symbian OS and Java ME OS devices and this is now shifting towards Android malware.
- The market for smartphones and tablets is growing specifically the for the Android system. In 2011, the Android smartphone market reached percent of the global OS market, beating out the traditional Symbian and BlackBerry market.
- With the growth of the Android market, these devices are now being adopted into the corporate space and introducing new security risks for IT managers.
- Additionally, a new trend of bring your own device (BYOD) creates many more security risks for IT managers because end users now utilize their mobile devices to access corporate data.
- This increased use of mobile devices is expected to increase purchase in the mobile endpoint security market through 2016. As a result, the mobile endpoint security market is poised to reach $ billion by 2016.
- The market is in a growth stage, reaching $ million in 2011 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of percent.
- The business market is quickly realizing the need for managing and protecting the various number of mobile devices entering the corporate network.
- Vendors are adapting and responding to the trend of a growing amount of mobile and tablet devices entering the market by launching a breadth of mobile security products.
- The trend of BYOD continues to create new challenges for endpoint security vendors, creating the need for vendors to consolidate and acquire mobile device management (MDM) providers.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How fast is the mobile security market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Who are the competitors in the mobile security market and what products do they offer?
- Will these companies continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies? Will mobile security products become integrated with traditional endpoint security products?
- How will this market change with time? Will acquisitions continue to happen?
- Are the products offered today meeting customer needs?
- What type of partnerships are vendors engaged with to generate more revenue? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Total Mobile Endpoint Security Products Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Consumer Segment Breakdown
- Midsize Segment Breakdown
- Enterprise Segment Breakdown
- The Last Word