• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Analysis of the DoD Ground Combat Vehicle Market: Expecting Continued Negative Growth
Frost & Sullivan, July 2012, Pages: 69
This research forecasts budget spending for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Ground Combat Vehicles (GCV) market. This study further forecasts the market's drivers, restraints, and general trends from 2012 to 2017. Program analysis affecting the market is also provided and discussed. Four training GCV classifications make up the U.S. DoD GCV market: amphibious vehicles, tracked vehicles, wheeled vehicles, and miscellaneous parts and services. GCVs provide combatant commanders with heavy armored attack, ground fire support, armored vehicle recovery, and protected troop amphibious and land assault to achieve battlefield superiority.
- The 2013 Department of Defense (DoD) budget request is $ billion, including $ billion in base funds and $ billion in funds for overseas contingency operations (OCO)*. (*Key: Information taken from “DoD 2013 Budget” market engineering study)
- Ground combat vehicle (GCV) funding through 2017 is expected to experience a negative percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
- The DoD is forecasted to spend $ billion on GCVs from 2012 to 2017.
- Due to the continuing pressure to reduce the DoD budget, the negative CAGR is likely to increase and spending is anticipated to decrease at greater rates than the current budget forecasts.
- In 2011, the DoD awarded $ billion to companies in the GCV market. The General Dynamics Corporation was the top firm with $ billion in contracts.
- The top 10 market competitors owned a commanding percent of market spending in 2011.
- Upgrades and remanufactured platforms will continue to be favored over completely new systems—also known as "new starts”. Rather than developing new starts, future platforms will likely be based on existing commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or government off-the-shelf (GOTS) vehicles.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing; how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading market drivers, restraints, and challenges?
- What are the top programs for the DoD GCV market?
- What technologies and services will be emphasized?
- What companies are leading the market?
- Total DoD GCV Market
- - External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- - Forecasts and Trends
- - Market Share and Competitive Analysis
CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
Amphibious Assault Vehicle Segment Breakdown
Tracked Vehicle Segment Breakdown
Wheeled Vehicle Segment Breakdown
Miscellaneous Combat Vehicle Parts and Services Segment Breakdown
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.