• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Mozzarelle in Italy - Sector financials
Databank Cerved Group, May 2012, Pages: 16
This report provides financial indicators on the Mozzarelle Italian market: key characteristics and drivers of the demand and supply by segment, main reasons for the trends observed, financial indicators of the sector (balance sheets, P&L, financial ratios, productivity indicators, growth rates).
The sector can be segmented according to:
Type of raw material used
- cow's milk: fresh cheese, stretched and kneaded to a delicate consistency, made with cow's milk;
- water buffalo milk: fresh cheese, stretched and kneaded to a delicate consistency, made with 100% water buffalo milk or a mixture of buffalo and cow milk. (N.B. 100% water buffalo mozzarella includes "Mozzarella di Bufala Campana DOP", i.e. buffalo mozzarella with Protected Designation of Origin status, as well as mozzarella made from water buffalo milk but produced outside the PDO areas).
Mode of consumption
- table mozzarella, which can be broken down further into:
- pre-packaged mozzarella of a predetermined weight, for self-service purchasing in hermetically sealed individual packages
- gourmet mozzarella of variable weight for full service sales, generally distributed to retailers in large, sealed containers
- mozzarella for cooking: used as toppings on pizzas and other foods, this type is generally sold in larger packages than mozzarella intended for direct consumption; these packages normally do not contain liquid surrounding the cheese, but instead are vacuum packs or sealed paper wraps.
- retail: also includes street vendors and producers' outlets;
- restaurants and caterers: for both cooking mozzarella (generally for pizzas) and table mozzarella.
Databank’s methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group’s proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector.
Wherever no specific source is indicated, the information published in these reports can be assumed to have been taken from Cerved Group’s proprietary information bank. Coverage of any sector in Competitors products may be used in company presentations or in training courses on the subject.
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. DEMAND ANALYSIS 6
4. SUPPLY ANALYSIS 7
4.1. Key characteristics 7
4.2. Sector financials 7
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 14
List of Tables and Graphs:
AGGREGATE SECTOR FINANCIALS: BALANCE SHEET
AGGREGATE SECTOR FINANCIALS: PROFIT AND LOSS
SECTOR FINANCIAL INDICATORS
MOZZARELLA: TRENDS IN KEY INPUT COSTS FOR MAIN PRODUCTS, 2007-2011
AVERAGE SPOT WHOLESALE PRICES OF RAW MILK IN ITALY, 2008 TO APRIL 2012
CONTRACTED WHOLESALE PRICES OF RAW COW'S MILK IN LOMBARDY, 2006 TO MARCH 2012
AVERAGE WHOLESALE PRICES OF RAW COW'S MILK IN EUROPE, 2006-2012
A.B.C. ALLEVATORI BUFALINI CASERTANI S.c.a.
ABIT PIEMONTE CONSORZIO COOPERATIVO
AGRICOLA CASEARIA LUPARA S.R.L.
ALIMENTARIA VALDINIEVOLE S.P.A.
ASSEGNATARI ASSOCIATI ARBOREA S.C.
AZIENDE AGRICOLE ASSOCIATE S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO ANDRIESE-BONTA’ GENUINA S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO CIRIGLIANA S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO DEL CIGNO S.P.A.
CASEIFICIO F.LLI CAPURSO S.P.A.
CASEIFICIO GALDI S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO LA CONTADINA DI DI MASI & C. S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO MOLISE S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO PALAZZO S.P.A.
CASEIFICIO PREZIOSA S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO PUGLIESE F.LLI RADICCI S.P.A.
CASEIFICIO SPINELLI F.LLI S.R.L.
CASEIFICIO VILLA S.R.L.
CENTRALE DEL LATTE DI FIRENZE, PISTOIA E LIVORNO S.P.A.
CENTRALE DEL LATTE DI TORINO & C. S.P.A.
CENTRO LATTE BRESSANONE S.c.a.
CONSORZIO COOPERATIVO LATTERIE FRIULANE S.c.a.
DEL GIUDICE S.R.L.
FATTORIE GAROFALO S.c.a.
FRANCIA LATTICINI S.P.A.
GRUPPO GRIFO LATTE S.A.C.
GRUPPO LACTALIS ITALIA S.P.A.
INDUSTRIA ALIMENTARE PUCCIO S.R.L.
INDUSTRIA LATTICINI G. CUOMO S.R.L.
INDUSTRIA LATTIERO CASEARIA MANDARA S.P.A.
LA MARCHESA S.c.a.
LA PERLA DEL MEDITERRANEO S.R.L.
LAT-BRI LATTICINI BRIANZA S.P.A.
LATTERIA DI SOLIGO S.c.a.
LATTERIA E CASEIFICIO MORO S.R.L.
LATTERIA MORTARETTA FRATELLI BALLESINI NEDO E ALESSANDRO S.R.L.
LATTICINI MOLISANI TAMBURRO S.R.L.
REGINELLA D'ABRUZZO S.R.L.
RUGGERO VILLA S.R.L.
SORI' ITALIA S.R.L.
SPINOSA LUCIA S.R.L.