- Language: English
- Published: April 2013
- Region: Italy
Direct Expansion Air Conditioning Units in Italy
- Published: May 2013
- Region: Italy
- 42 pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report supplies information on the Direct Expansion air conditioning units Italian market and its competitors: market trends, SWOT and key success factors analysis, major companies performance indicators (total turnover, sector specific turnover, market shares and export quotas), business prospects and trends.
This report considers direct expansion air conditioning units for use in residential and small commercial premises.
- Product technology: units are designed to change and regulate air temperature in enclosed areas through cooling or heating the air. The systems make use of direct thermal exchange between the external environment and the refrigerant.
- Purpose: in residential premises, air conditioning units are used for cooling and dehumidifying the air in spring and summer, and as a source of heating in autumn and winter. In commercial spaces and the tertiary sector, in addition to regulating temperatures they are also employed to create optimum air flows in enclosed spaces.
- Client groups: the leading clients of suppliers of air conditioning units are sanitary ware / plumbing wholesalers, distributors of technical electric goods, large retail chains, specialist household goods and consumer electronics retailers, and small and medium sized companies that install plumbing and electrical products.
Direct expansion air conditioning units can be separated into three main categories:
- portable air conditioners: systems that can be transported from one place to another. Portable air conditioning units can either be monoblock or in two sections, including an external unit;
- fixed installations (split systems), require the installation of one or more internal splits linked to an external unit. There are two different types of split systems: mono-split (only one internal unit) and multi-split (with two or more internal units). The internal units themselves can be wall-mounted, ground/ shelf- mounted or ceiling/ cassette units.
- VRF (variable refrigerant flow) systems: these are systems with variable refrigeration, with a single external unit that can power 50-60 internal units independently for each space.
The following products are excluded from this analysis:
- roof-top systems, wardrobe systems and other centralised air conditioning systems that use water as the intermediary cooling liquid (refrigeration units, hydronic systems). Such units are covered in a separate Databank report;
- industrial air conditioning and refrigeration systems, which regulate the temperatures of machinery and workspace used in industrial processes;
- air conditioning and refrigeration systems in the automobile sector;
- special refrigerators and air conditioning units for the food industry.
Databank’s methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group’s proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector.
Wherever no specific source is indicated, the information published in these reports can be assumed to have been taken from Cerved Group’s proprietary information bank. Coverage of any sector in Competitors products may be used in company presentations or in training courses on the subject. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 4
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 5
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 6
2.1. Scope 6
2.2. Segments 6
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 7
3.1. Key sector data 7
3.2. Supply and demand trends 8
3.3. Market leaders 9
3.4. Business strategies 9
4. SECTOR ENVIRONMENT 10
4.1. Sector data 10
4.2. Competitive forces 12
4.3. Notable recent events and developments 13
5. DEMAND ANALYSIS 15
6. SUPPLY ANALYSIS 16
6.1. Key characteristics 16
6.2. Sector financials 16
7. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO 20
7.1. Types of operators 20
7.2. Ranking of companies 21
7.3. Competitive performances by segment 28
7.3.1. Market share 28
7.3.2. Share of export 33
8. STRATEGIES OBSERVED 35
8.1. Strategic map of operators 35
8.2. Winning strategies 38
9. OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS 39
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 40
List of Tables and Graphs:
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED
KEY SECTOR DATA
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: SUPPLY AND DEMAND TRENDS IN VALUE TERMS, 2010-2014
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: IMPACT OF COMPETITIVE FORCES, 2013
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: INTERNAL MARKET VALUE AND VOLUMES BY BUSINESS AREA, 2010-2013
SECTOR FINANCIALS: BALANCE SHEET
SECTOR FINANCIALS: PROFIT AND LOSS
SECTOR FINANCIAL INDICATORS
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' SECTOR-SPECIFIC TURNOVER, 2010-2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' BRANDS, 2013
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' OVERALL TURNOVER, 2010-2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: SECTOR-SPECIFIC TURNOVER AS PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL TURNOVER, 2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' DIVERSIFICATION WITHIN THE SECTOR IN TERMS OF VOLUMES, 2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' DIVERSIFICATION OUTSIDE THE SECTOR, 2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LOCATION, EMPLOYEES AND SHAREHOLDERS OF LEADING COMPANIES, 2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' SHARE OF INTERNAL MARKET VALUE, 2010-2012
FIXED SYSTEMS: LEADING COMPANIES' SHARE OF INTERNAL MARKET VALUE, 2011-2012
VRF SYSTEMS: LEADING COMPANIES' SHARE OF INTERNAL MARKET VALUE, 2011-2012
FIXED SYSTEMS: LEADING COMPANIES' SHARE OF INTERNAL MARKET VOLUMES, 2011-2012
VRF SYSTEMS: LEADING COMPANIES' SHARE OF INTERNAL MARKET VOLUMES, 2011-2012
PORTABLE UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' SHARE OF INTERNAL MARKET VOLUMES, 2011-2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' SHARE OF EXPORTS, 2010-2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: LEADING COMPANIES' EXPERT TENDENCY, 2010-2012
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: MAP OF STRATEGIC GROUPS, 2013
POSITIONING MAP, 2011
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: OPPORTUNITIES AND THEIR SHORT/LONG TERM IMPACT, 2013
DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING UNITS: THREATS AND THEIR SHORT/LONG TERM IMPACT, 2013
- ADVANTIX S.P.A.
- AERMEC S.P.A.
- AIRWELL ITALIA S.R.L.
- AMG S.P.A.
- ARGOCLIMA S.P.A.
- ARISTON THERMO S.P.A.
- DAIKIN AIR CONDITIONING ITALY S.P.A.
- DE'LONGHI S.P.A.
- ECR ITALY S.P.A.
- EMMETI S.P.A.
- FERROLI S.P.A.
- FUTURE S.R.L. (TERMAL S.R.L.)
- HAIER A/C ITALY TRADING S.P.A.
- HITACHI AIR CONDITIONING EUROPE S.A.S.
- LG ELECTRONICS ITALIA S.P.A.
- MIDEA ITALIA S.R.L.
- MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC EUROPE B.V.
- OLIMPIA SPLENDID S.P.A.
- PANASONIC MARKETING EUROPE G.M.B.H.
- RIELLO S.P.A.
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS ITALIA S.P.A.
- SHARP ELECTRONICS ITALIA S.P.A.
- TATA S.P.A.
- VAILLANT GROUP ITALIA S.P.A.