• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Frozen foods in Italy - Overview
Databank Cerved Group, June 2012, Pages: 13
This report provides an overview of the Frozen foods Italian market and its competitors: key sector data by segment, major recent trends, supply and demand evolution and their main drivers, market leaders, operators’ policies and business strategies.
Vegetables (individual and mixed)
- French beans
- mixed vegetables for minestrone and other mixes
- other vegetables and legumes, including grilled and seasoned vegetables (e.g. courgettes, carrots, onions, etc.)
Fish and seafood
- fish filets (flounder, cod, hake, etc.)
- breaded fish, including fish sticks
- other fish and seafood: whole trout, sole fish, dogfish, cuttlefish, octopus, squid (usually pre-gutted and cleaned), mixed seafood packages, etc.
- whole or in large parts (chickens, turkeys, chicken and turkey breasts, legs and wings; rabbits and rabbit legs and others)
- breaded or floured parts of white meat
- ground meat and hamburger patties
- breaded cutlets, sliced meat, pre-cut meat for roasts
- ready-made pasta, rice and vegetable based dishes
- simple pasta/rice dishes: lasagne, linguine, trenette, pasta with beans, risottos, gnocchi, etc.
- filled pasta-based dishes: ravioli, tortellini, cannelloni, etc.)
- rice & seafood dishes
- vegetable soups
- ready-made meat and fish based dishes
- fish soup-
- white meat and vegetable stir-fry
- braised red meat
- other ready-made meals, e.g. cordon bleu
- ready-made vegetable based side dishes
- spinach and cheese dishes
- peas with tomatoes or ham
- aubergine and cheese dishes
- various potato-based dishes
- peperonata (stewed bell peppers with tomato and onion)
- bean-based dishes
Snack foods, e.g. calzones, bruschetta, mini pizzas, sandwiches, etc.
Pizza - with various toppings
- 'natural' frozen potatoes (pre-peeled, pre-boiled or dehydrated and cut for deep-frying) tater tots and hash browns
Pastries: cakes, croissants (baked or raw), doughnuts, pies, cream puffs and other desserts
Other foods: bread, various types of dough for baking, etc.
Databank’s methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group’s proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector.
Wherever no specific source is indicated, the information published in these reports can be assumed to have been taken from Cerved Group’s proprietary information bank. Coverage of any sector in Competitors products may be used in company presentations or in training courses on the subject.
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 3
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 4
2.1. Scope 4
2.2. Segments 5
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 7
3.1. Key sector data 7
3.2. Supply and demand trends 8
3.3. Market leaders 8
3.4. Business strategies 10
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 11
List of Tables and Graphs:
KEY SECTOR DATA