- Language: English
- 30 Pages
- Published: March 2014
- Region: Great Britain, United Kingdom
Should City Cats be the First to Play with the Fiber Yarn?
- Published: February 2011
- Region: Global
- 3 Pages
- Diffraction Analysis
In this report, Herman Wagter questions whether the conventional wisdom of deploying FTTP in dense urban areas first actually works in reality and argues that perhaps suburban markets are easier initial targets for FTTP deployment.
- Are you currently examining your deployment strategy?
- Are you aiming to lower investment at all costs or would you rather have a high take-up?
Then you need to read this report.
Conventional wisdom dictates that large cities should be where private deployment of FTTP will be most profitable and should be rolled out first. Yet some players have been successful in targeting Tier 2 cities or suburbs first, while some developers of inner city access network are struggling. With the hindsight of these successes and failures, what's the best option?
- Small towns have big appetites
- Conclusions and recommendations