- Language: English
- 928 Pages
- Published: February 2012
- Region: World
Formulas for Stress, Strain, and Structural Matrices. 2nd Edition
- Published: December 2004
- 1536 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
The most comprehensive book in its field, Formulas for Stress, Strain, and Structural Matrices, Second Edition is a source of formulas for the analysis and design of structural members and mechanical elements.
- Presents simple formulas, organized by type of member, to permit more complex members to be solved.
- Includes formulas for dynamic response as well as nominal vibration formulas.
- Contains background material on stress and strain, mechanical properties of materials, stress analysis, stress concentration, and fracture and fatigue mechanics.
2. Geometric Properties of Plane Areas.
3 Stress and Strain.
4. Mechanical Properties and Testing of Engineering Materials.
5. Experimental Stress Analysis.
6. Stress Concentration.
7. Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue.
9. Contact Stresses.
10. Dynamic Loading.
11. Beams and Columns.
12. Torsion and Extension of Bars.
14. Torsion of Thin-Walled Beams.
15. Cross-Sectional Stresses: Combined Stresses.
16. Curved Bars.
19. Thick Shells and Disks.
20. Thin Shells.
Appendix I. Fundamental Mathematics.
Appendix II. Structural Members.
Appendix III. Structural Systems.
WALTER D. PILKEY, PhD, is a Morse Professor of Mechanical Engineering in the School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He is recognized as an authority in the areas of stress and strain from both the mechanical and civil engineering points of view.
|Hard Copy (Hard Back)||The book will be shipped to you. The cover has a hard back.|