• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Mechanical Engineers' Handbook. Energy and Power. 3rd Edition
John Wiley and Sons Ltd, December 2005, Pages: 1104
The updated revision of the bestseller--in a more useful format!
Mechanical Engineers' Handbook has a long tradition as a single resource of valuable information related to specialty areas in the diverse industries and job functions in which mechanical engineers work. This Third Edition, the most aggressive revision to date, goes beyond the straight data, formulas, and calculations provided in other handbooks and focuses on authoritative discussions, real-world examples, and insightful analyses while covering more topics than in previous editions.
In addition to chapters on thermophysical properties of fluids, fundamentals of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, combustion, and furnaces, Book 4: Energy and Power features coverage of both conventional (gaseous and liquid fuels, coal, and nuclear) and alternative (solar, geothermal, and fuel cells) energy sources, plus chapters on power machinery, refrigeration and cryogenics, environmental issues, and thermal systems optimization. Much of the material in this book is new or extensively revised, including coverage of such topics as:
- Heat pipes
- Wind turbines
- Fuel cells
- Thermal systems optimization
- Fans, blowers, compressors, and pumps
- Indoor environmental control
- Fluid power
PART 1: ENERGY.
1. Thermophysical Properties of Fluids (Peter E. Liley).
2. Fluid Mechanics (Reuben M. Olson).
3. Thermodynamics Fundamentals (Adrian Bejan).
4. Exergy Analysis, Entropy Generation Minimization, and Constructal Theory (Adrian Bejan).
5. Heat-Transfer Fundamentals (G. P. Peterson).
6. Furnaces (Carroll Cone).
7. Energy Auditing (Carl Blumstein and Peter Kuhn).
8. Heat Exchangers, Vaporizers, Condensers (Joseph W. Palen).
9. Heat Pipes (Hongbin Ma).
10. Air Heating (Richard J. Reed).
11. Cooling Electronic Equipment (Allan Kraus and Avram Bar-Cohen).
12. Refrigeration (Dennis L. O’Neal).
13. Cryogenic Systems (Leonard A. Wenzel).
14. Indoor Environmental Control (Jelena Srebric).
15. Thermal Systems Optimization (Reinhard Radermacher).
PART 2: POWER.
16. Combustion (Eric G. Eddings).
17. Gaseous Fuels (Richard J. Reed).
18. Liquid Fossil Fuels from Petroleum (Richard J. Reed).
19. Coals, Lignite, Peat (James G. Keppeler).
20. Solar Energy Applications (Jan F. Kreider).
21. Geothermal Resources and Technology: An Introduction (Peter D. Blair).
22. Pumps, Fans, Blowers, and Compressors (Keith Marchildon and David Mody).
23. Nuclear Power (William Kerr and William Updegrove).
24. Gas Turbines (Harold E. Miller and Todd S. Nemec).
25. Wind Turbines (Todd S. Nemec).
26. Steam Turbines (William G. Steltz).
27. Internal Combustion Engines (Ronald Douglas Matthews).
28. Fuel Cells (Matthew M. Mench).
29. Fluid Power Systems (Andrew Alleyene).
30. Air Pollution Control Technologies (C. A. Miller).
31. Water Pollution Control Technology (Carl A. Brunner and J. F. Kreissl).
MYER KUTZ is founder and President of Myer Kutz Associates, Inc., a publishing and information services consulting firm.