- Language: English
- 550 Pages
- Published: May 2012
- Region: Global
Markets in Motion
- Published: June 2005
- Region: Global
- 48 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Markets in Motion is a graphical overview of the economic conditions and events that have influenced the U.S. stock market since 1900. Decade by decade, you'll examine how different economic and policitcal environments can be directly correlated to stock market movements. Each decade features graphs displaying the performance of the Dow Jones Average, the Dow Jones price to dividend ratio, industrial production, money supply, consumer price index, T bill rate, and the Discount rate. Embedded on the graphs are short descriptions of important political, economic, and historical events. Use this information to reference similar environments today and gain an edge in determining the future direction of the market.
1. 1900-1909 "America, the Envy of the World" (Communication, Transportation, Immigration).
2. 1910-1919 "The War to End All Wars" (World War I, Worldwide Revolution, and a New Banking System).
3. 1920-1929 "The Roaring Twenties" (Pent-Up Demand, Post-World War I).
4. 1930-1939 "The Great Depression" (U.S. Government Expands its Control, The World Readies for War Again).
5. 1940-1949 "War and Prosperity Again" (WW II, and its Aftermath the World Rebuilds).
6. 1950-1959 "I Like Ike" (Consumer Boom, McCarthyism, Korean War).
7. 1960-1969 "A New Frontier" and a " Great Society" (A Decade of Economic Expansion).
8. 1970-1979 "America Held Hostage to Stagflation" (Watergate, Petrodollars, America Loses its Pride).
9. 1980-1989 "Reaganomics–The Rise and Fall of Stock Prices (and Yuppies)" (Merger Mania, Rising Debt, Falling Taxes).
10. 1990-1999 A "New Paradigm" (A Megabull Decade and the Rise of the Internal).
11. 2000-2004 "A New Century Begins" (Tech Stock Speculation, Terrorism).
Ned Davis Research Group is comprised of Ned Davis Research, Inc., located in Venice, Florida, and Davis, Mendel & Regenstein, Inc., an NASD institutional brokerage firm located in Atlanta, Georgia. Davis, Mendel & Regenstein is the exclusive provider of NDR's products and services.