- Language: English
- 1113 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
Introduction to Human Nutrition. 2nd Edition. The Nutrition Society Textbook
- Published: March 2009
- Region: Global
- 384 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
In this second edition of the introductory text in the acclaimed Nutrition Society Textbook Series, Introduction to Human Nutrition has been revised and updated to meet the needs of the contemporary student. Introduction to Human Nutrition is an essential purchase for students of nutrition and dietetics, and also for those students who major in other subjects that have a nutrition component, such as food science, medicine, pharmacy and nursing. Professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, health sciences and many related areas will also find much of great value within its covers.
1. Introduction to Human Nutrition: A Global Perspective on Food and Nutrition.
H. H. Vorster
2. Body Composition.
3. Energy Metabolism.
A. Astrup and A. Tremblay
4. Nutrition and Metabolism of Proteins and Amino Acids.
N. K. Fukagawa and Y. M. Yu
5. Digestion and Metabolism of Carbohydrates.
J. Mathers and T. Wolever
6. Nutrition and Metabolism of Lipids.
S. C. Cunnane and B. A. Griffin
7. Dietary Reference Standards.
K. M. Younger
8. The Vitamins.
D. A. Bender
9. Minerals and Trace Elements.
J. J. Strain and K. D. Cashman
10. Measuring Food Intake.
U. E. MacIntyre
11. Food Composition.
J. M. Holden and H. C. Schönfeldt
12. Food and Nutrition -Policy and Regulatory Issues.
M. J. Gibney and A. McKevitt
13. Nutrition Research Methodology.
J. A. Martínez and M. A. Martínez González
14. Food Safety: A Public Health Issue of Growing Importance.
A. Reilly, C. Tlustos, J. O’Connor and L. O’Connor
15. Food and Nutrition-Related Diseases: The Global Challenge.
H. H .Vorster and M. J. Gibney
“This book is absolutely essential reading for anyone interested in human nutrition and food. Its global perspective and variety of content ensure completeness, breadth and depth. The book was written by a leading international researchers in this field, making this book valid and reliable.” (International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, June 2010)