• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
mobileYouth Briefing - How Can Word of Mouth Grow Subscribers?
MobileYouth, January 2013, Pages: 22
Customer acquisition is a key goal for mobile operators around the world each year. But with youth markets nearing saturation everywhere, acquisition managers need to rethink the traditional strategies that focused on advertising, discounts and distribution. Youth today listen to their friends and are influence by word of mouth. How can mobile operators leverage word of mouth to drive new customer acquisition?
This briefing answers the following three questions relevant to mobile operators and youth customer acquisition:
1. What are the implications of market saturation on youth acquisition?
2. How young customers have evolved to render paid media tools irrelevant?
3. Why retention is the new acquisition strategy for mobile operators?
2. Licensing and Copyrights
3. Where are you in the 2013 mobileYouth Report?
4. In this briefing
5. Executive summary
6. Executive summary (contd.)
7. Executive summary (contd.)
8. Section 1. What are the implications of market saturation on youth acquisition?
9. Markets with high youth population have a high incidence of dual handset ownership
10. Youth are no longer first time users of smartphones
11. New acquisition comes from existing customers renewing contracts and trying new products
12. Section 2. How young customers have evolved to render paid media tools irrelevant?
13. Youth market success requires focus on earned media and discovery
14. Youth are more likely to buy mobile products based on peer recommendation
15. Earned media key factor in youth purchase decision and mobile discovery
16. Youth discover and act on mobile services together with peers in social situations
17. Section 3. Why retention is the new acquisition strategy for mobile operators?
18. Boost Mobile grew through organic acquisition and churn reduction
19. Safaricom’s M-PESA service grew customer base through churn reduction
20. Apple focused marketing on increasing NPS (net promoter score) at its retail stores
21. Metrics like NPS or SMART identify Beachheads and Fan hotspots
22. Next on mobileYouth report 2013