- Language: English
- 1113 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
Medical Management of Thyroid Disease. Edition No. 2
- Published: April 2009
- Region: Global
- 474 Pages
- Informa Healthcare
For general practitioners and endocrinologists, the new Second Edition of this bestselling book offers the most up-to-date and practical guidance to diagnose and manage common and uncommon thyroid diseases.
New to the Second Edition:
- information on thyroid neoplasia, leading to new effective treatments of advanced thyroid cancer
- the latest VEGF-inhibiting drugs, opening avenues of targeted therapy not previously available
- new research on thyroid physiology, pathophysiology, and therapeutics
The new edition is fully evidence-based and updated to include the most current treatment and latest findings:
- the screening and case finding for thyroid disease
- the use of calcitonin in the diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer
- the diagnosis and management of subclinical hyperthyroidism (mild hyperthyroidism)
- thyroid disease related to interferon therapy and amiodarone therapy
1. Laboratory Approach to Thyroid Disorders.
2. Diagnosis and Management of Hyperthyroidism.
3. Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroiditis and Other Rare Forms of Hyperthyroidism.
4. The Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypothyroidism.
5. Thyroid Nodules and Multinodular Goiter.
6. Thyroid Cancer.
7. Pediatric Thyroid Disorders.
8. Thyroid Disease in the Elderly.
9. Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy.
DAVID S. COOPER is Professor of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Professor of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health; and Physician and Director, the Thyroid Clinic, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Dr. Cooper received his M.D. from Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. He is a member of the Endocrine Society and is a past president of the American Thyroid Association. Dr. Cooper is currently Deputy Editor of the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Editor-in-Chief of Endocrinology, Up-to-Date, and Contributing Editor of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). Dr. Cooper was also the editor of the first edition of Informa Healthcare’s Medical Management of Thyroid Disease.