- Language: English
- 101 Pages
- Published: November 2010
- Region: China
Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck. Edition No. 3
- Published: December 2008
- Region: Global
- 1800 Pages
- Informa Healthcare
Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck, Third Edition is a complete stand-alone reference covering all aspects of head and neck pathology. Providing an interdisciplinary approach to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of head and neck diseases, this source promotes clear communication between pathologists and surgeons. This is the reference of choice for a variety of clinicians, including: oral and general pathologists; oral and maxillofacial, plastic, reconstructive, head and neck, orthopedic, and general surgeons; otolaryngologists; radiologists; and dentists.
Topics covered include:
- clinical presentation
- differential diagnosis
- prognosis for each disorder
With an improved format and design as well as an easy-to-use, quick reference index, the updated and expanded Third Edition contains more than 1,400 images—200 more full-color images than in previous editions—for optimal illustrations of head and neck lesions.
1. Fine Needle Aspiration of the Head and Neck.
2. Uses, Abuses, and Pitfalls of Frozen Section Diagnosis of Diseases of the Head and Neck.
3. Diseases of the Larynx, Hypopharynx and Trachea.
4. Benign Neoplastic and Non-neoplastic Lesions of the Oral Cavity and Oropharynx.
5. Noninfectious Vesiculoerosive and Ulcerative Lesions of the Oral Cavity.
6. Premalignant Lesions of the Oral Cavity.
7. Cancer of the Oral Cavity.
8. Diseases of the Nasal Cavity, Paranasal Sinuses and Nasopharynx.
9. Diseases of the External Auditory Canal, Middle Ear and Mastoid.
10. Diseases of the Salivary Glands.
11. Midfacial Destructive Diseases.
12. Tumors of the Nervous System.
13. Tumors and Tumor-like Lesions of the Soft Tissues.
14. Diseases of the Bones and Joints.
15. Hematolymphoid Lesions of the Head and Neck.
16. Pathology of Neck Dissections.
17. The Occult Primary and Metastatic Tumors to and from the Head and Neck.
18. Cysts and Cyst-like Lesions of the Oral Cavity, Jaws and Neck.
19. Odontogenic Tumors.
20. Developmental Lesions and Germ Cell Tumors of the Head and Neck.
21. Pathology of the Thyroid Gland.
22. Pathology of the Parathyroid Glands.
23. Pathology of Selected Skin Lesions of the Head and Neck.
24. Diseases of the Eye and Ocular Adnexa.
25. Infectious Diseases of the Head and Neck.
26. Miscellaneous Disorders of the Head and Neck.
LEON BARNES is Professor of Pathology and Otolaryngology, Chief of the Division of Head and Neck–Endocrine Pathology and Director of the Head and Neck–Endocrine Pathology Fellowship Program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Barnes obtained his M.D. degree from the University of Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas. He is a founding member of the North American Society of Head and Neck Pathology and has been a frequent honoree on the “Best Doctors in America” list for head and neck pathology. He has contributed numerous peer-reviewed publications, is a co-editor of the most recent World Health Organization “Blue Book” on the Pathology and Genetics of Head and Neck Tumors, and is the editor of the two previous editions of Informa Healthcare’s Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck.