• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Edition No. 2. Lung Biology in Health and Disease
Informa Healthcare, November 2009, Pages: 476
The only available text to focus primarily on Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS).
Thoroughly revised content and ten new chapters provide pulmonologists with the latest developments and applications of pharmacological and mechanical therapies needed to treat the debilitating and difficult condition of ARDS.
- the definition, epidemiology, pathology, and pathogenesis of ARDS
- complications such as transfusion-related injury, and endothelium and vascular dysfunction
- the long-term outcomes of ARDS
- host defense and infection
- the latest developments in ARDS therapy: glucocorticoid therapy, surfactant therapy, mechanical ventilation, and mesenchymal stem cells
- predictive factors: gene expression profiling and biomarkers, and chemokines and cytokines
- advances in management strategies: fluid management, non-pulmonary and non-sepsis management, and glucose control
Augustine M.K. Choi Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.