Home Healthcare Market (Equipment, Service & Telehealth/ Telemedicine) Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts To 2016
- Language: English
- 399 Pages
- Published: April 2012
- Region: World
A CEO's Guide to Convergence between Healthcare and Information and Communications Technologies
The continuing convergence of healthcare and information communication technologies makes the telehealth industry one of the most confusing yet transformative spaces in the world. Despite many hurdles, telehealth markets continue to be an effective treatment for many shortfalls present in the current healthcare experience, whether it is getting to see the right specialist at the right time or making sure patients can manage their medications. Some of these activities have been going on for 50 years, while some have emerged from nothing to major markets in the last five years. Telehealth is quickly transitioning from the best-kept secret in healthcare to being persistently demanded by professionals and patients alike.
- The telehealth industry remains highly complex and is involved in virtually every aspect of healthcare in some way.
- Technology is only an enabler for success in the telehealth industry, as implementation, deployment, and training are key to program success.
- Telehealth is not new, and legacy systems, such as those in cardiac ECG, personal emergency response systems (PERS), and home healthcare, provide much needed lessons for current participants.
- Many times, telehealth applications are only sustainable in a minority of professional healthcare environments; however, when they do fit, the clinical results are very positive.
- The consumer-focused part of telehealth is already a booming market, contributing billions to the overall industry with markets, such as PERS.
- In the United States, the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) continues to be the silent leader in the telehealth industry and remains the largest single user of telehealth services. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Telehealth Industry —
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Telehealth Industry—A Telehealth Matrix Discussion
- Forecast and Trends
- Demand Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
Telehealth Industry—Analysis and Breakdown of Select Markets of the Top 20
Vendor and User Survey—Results and Discussion
The Last Word
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Site License||A copy of the report will be emailed to you and a printed copy will be shipped to you. The Electronic copy is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||A copy of the report will be emailed to you and a printed copy will be shipped to you. The Electronic copy is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|