Asia-Pacific Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Types (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), by Crop Types, by Geography: Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Language: English
- 266 Pages
- Published: May 2013
- Region: Asia
Despite a sluggish global economy since early 2012, China's insecticide market may, surprisingly, be thriving in the second half of 2012.
According to National Agricultural Technology Extension and Service Center, the damage of insect pests on major crops such as rice, corn and cotton will be severer over last year. Take rice as example, the accumulated occurrence area of rice pests and diseases will reach 74 million hectares in H2 2012, including 48 million hectares to be damaged by pests, indicating the coming of the second peak sales season of insecticides.
Moreover, the prices of major grain crops (corn, soybean and wheat) in the international market have largely increased since June 2012. Farmers' enthusiasm of planting will be pushed up, thus demanding more pesticides. Then the export of Chinese pesticides will get benefits in H2.
Under such favorable conditions, some domestic agrochemical companies will certainly represent a good performance in 2012. Is it Hebei Veyong Bio-Chemical Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Yangnong Chemical Co., Ltd. or other companies? Let's wait and see!
"Guadipyr, a novel neonicotinoid insecticide developed by China Agricultural University, will possibly enter Chinese market in 2013.
Sinochem Ningbo (Lianyungang) expands capacity of thiodicarb technical to 500t/a and builds a 200t/a new production line of lufenuron technical.
Hebei Veyong estimates net profit in H1 2012 at USD5.21 million, increasing by over 50% year on year.
Jiangsu Baoling's pesticide project passes Environmental Impact Assessment and is put into production.
China's insecticide market is predicted to perform well in H2 2011.
On 10 July, 2012, MIIT releases the list of mergers and acquisitions of agrochemical companies in China; some leading ones appear on the list.
- Jiangsu Yangnong is approved to set up an international trade company in Singapore in mid-July 2012.
- Large grain growers are prone to directly purchase pesticides in a large amount and at a comparatively low price from provincial distributors or pesticide manufacturers.
- So far, imidacloprid market in China has performed well, backed by a rising demand, but the prosperity would not last for a long time.
- According to NATESC, corn insect pests are estimated to hit around 38 million hectares' corn fields in H2 2012, severer over the same period last year.
- In June 2012, Shandong Jingpeng obtains the temporary registration of 95% clothianidin technical, the forth registration of clothianidin technical in China.
- ICAMA officially approves Lingyun Pesticides Chemical's registration of thiamethoxam 98% TC on 12 July, 2012.
- The ex-factory price of DETCL in China keeps decreasing to USD2,603/t in China in Aug. 2012 from previous USD3,567/t in April 2012. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Guadipyr: a hotspot possibly to be launched in 2013
Sinochem Ningbo (Lianyungang) expands thiodicarb technical capacity
Hebei Veyong predicts H1 net profit to up 50% year on year
Jiangsu Baoling's pesticide project passes EIA
Jiangsu Yangnong to set up a subsidiary in Singapore
Insecticide market to perform well in China in H2 2012
M&A among agrochemical companies goes on
Pesticide group-buying by large grain growers emerging
Imidacloprid market in short-term prosperity
38 million hectares' corn fields to be hit by pests in H2 2012
Two more companies register clothianidin technical
Lingyun Pesticides Chemical's registration of thiamethoxam technical approved
Monthly ex-factory prices of key raw materials in China, Aug. 2012
Monthly ex-factory prices of main insecticides in China, Aug. 2012
Monthly Shanghai Port prices and FOB Shanghai price of main insecticides in China, Aug. 2012
Average market price of main crops in China, 31 July 2012
Ex-factory price of DETCL keeps decreasing
- Hefei Xingyu Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Sinochem Ningbo (Lianyungang) Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Veyong Bio-Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Baoling Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Yangnong Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Hubei Sanonda Co. Ltd.
- Hubei Sanonda (Jingzhou) Pesticides and Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Pesticide Research Institute Co. Ltd.
- Nanjing Suyan Kechuang Agrichemical Co. Ltd.
- Shandong Jingpeng Bio-Pesticide Co. Ltd.
- Huludao Lingyun Group Pesticides Chemical Co. Ltd.