- Language: English
- 1128 Pages
- Published: November 2012
- Region: Global
Driving Results Through Social Networks. How Top Organizations Leverage Networks for Performance and Growth. J-B US non-Franchise Leadership
- Published: January 2009
- Region: Global, United States
- 240 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Driving Results Through Social Networks shows executives and managers how to obtain substantial performance and innovation impact by better leveraging these traditionally invisible assets. For the past decade, Rob Cross and Robert J. Thomas have worked closely with executives from over a hundred top-level companies and government agencies. In this groundbreaking book, they describe in-depth how these leaders are using network thinking to increase revenues, lower costs, and accelerate innovation.
Part One: Alignment.
1. Aligning Networks with Strategic Value Propositions.
2. Working Through Networks to Align Culture and Strategy.
Part Two: Execution.
3. Managing Rapid Innovation Through Effective Networks.
4. Driving Financial Return Through Network Investments.
5. Delivering Results Through Process Networks.
6. Delivering Results Through Project-Based Networks.
Part Three: Adaptation.
7. Driving Performance by Replicating High Performers’ Networks.
8. Speeding Productivity in Newcomers and Avoiding Knowledge Drain.
9. The Road Ahead: Emerging Opportunities for the Network Perspective.
About the Authors.
Rob Cross is associate professor, McIntire School of Commerce at University of Virginia, where he specializes in organizational behavior. He is also the director of The Network Roundtable (www.thenetworkroundtable.org), a consortium of over 100 organizations focused on applications of network ideas that yield measurable business impact and strategic advantage.
Robert J. Thomas is executive director of Accenture's Institute for High Performance and a senior executive based in Boston, Massachusetts. He specializes in leadership, organization design, and transformational change.