• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Contemporary Strategy Analysis and Cases. Text and Cases. 7th Edition
John Wiley and Sons Ltd, February 2010, Pages: 944
NEW! Combined Text & Cases Version
Considered by many to be the best textbook on Strategy, Contemporary Strategy Analysis 7th edition builds on the strengths of previous editions by introducing students to the core concepts and principles of strategy.
In this most accessible strategy text, Robert M. Grant combines clarity of exposition with concentration on the fundamentals of value creation and an emphasis on practicality. In this seventh edition, a greater focus on strategy implementation reflects the needs of firms to reconcile scale economies with entrepreneurial flexibility, innovation with cost efficiency, and globalization with local responsiveness.
Rob Grant eloquently combines theory with current real world examples and practice using a clearly written, logical and comprehensive style.
Contemporary Strategy Analysis 7th edition is suitable for both MBA and advanced undergraduate students.
Full teachings notes to the cases will be available upon publication at the companion website company website
Contemporary Strategy Analysis 7th Edition is also available in a text only version – ISBN: 9780470747100
PART I INTRODUCTION.
1. The Concept of Strategy.
PART II THE TOOLS OF STRATEGY ANALYSIS.
2. Goals, Values, and Performance.
3. Industry Analysis: The Fundamentals.
4. Further Topics in Industry and Competitive Analysis.
5. Analyzing Resources and Capabilities.
6. Developing Resources and Capabilities.
7. Organization Structure and Management Systems: The Fundamentals of Strategy Implementation.
PART III THE ANALYSIS OF COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.
8. The Nature and Sources of Competitive Advantage.
9. Cost Advantage.
10. Differentiation Advantage.
PART IV BUSINESS STRATEGIES IN DIFFERENT INDUSTRY CONTEXTS.
11. Industry Evolution and Strategic Change.
12. Technology-based Industries and the Management of Innovation.
13. Competitive Advantage in Mature Industries.
14. Vertical Integration and the Scope of the Firm.
PART V CORPORATE STRATEGY.
15. Global Strategies and the Multinational Corporation.
16. Diversification Strategy.
17. Implementing Corporate Strategy: Managing the Multibusiness Firm.
18. Current Trends in Strategic Management.
Cases to Accompany Contemporary Strategy Analysis, Seventh Edition.
2. Starbucks, February 2009: The Coffee Goes Cold.
3. The US Airline Industry in 2009.
4. Ford and the World Automobile Industry in 2009.
5. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., 2009.
6. Manchester United: Preparing for Life without Ferguson.
7. Eastman Kodak: Meeting the Digital Challenge.
8. Procter & Gamble’s Organization 2005 Project.
9. AirAsia: The World’s Lowest Cost Airline.
10. Harley Davidson Inc., July 2008.
11. Raisio Group and the Benecol Launch.
12. Rivalry in Video Games.
13. DVD War of 2005-8: Blu-Ray vs. HD DVD.
14. New York Times.
15. Eni SpA: Building an International Energy Major.
16. American Apparel: Vertically-integrated in Downtown LA.
17. Outback Steakhouse: Going International.
18. Euro Disney: From Dream to Nightmare.
19. Vodafone: Rethinking the International Strategy.
20. Richard Branson and the Virgin Group of Companies in 2007.
21. Google Inc.: Running Amuk?
22. Bank of America’s Acquisition of Merrill Lynch.
23. Jeff Immelt and the Reinventing of General Electric, 2009.
24. W.L. Gore & Associates: Who’s In Charge Here?
Robert M. Grant Eni Professor of Strategic Management, Bocconi University; Visiting Professor, Georgetown University.