- Language: English
- 320 Pages
- Published: March 2012
Marketing Ethics. Foundations of Business Ethics
- Published: February 2008
- 272 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Marketing Ethics addresses head-on the ethical questions, misunderstandings and challenges that marketing raises while defining marketing as a moral activity.
- A substantial introduction to the ethics of marketing, exploring the integral relations of marketing and morality
- Identifies and discusses a series of ethical tools and the marketing framework they constitute that are required for moral marketing
- Considers broader meanings and background assumptions of marketing infrequently included in other marketing literature
- Adds direction and meaning to problems in marketing ethics through reflection on concepts such as individual choice, freedom and responsibility, desire satisfaction, noncoercive exchanges, and instrumental efficiency
1. Marketing, Ethics, and Morality.
The Ethical Challenges Marketing Faces.
Thinking about Ethics and Morality.
Marketing as a Practical Activity.
Towards a Marketing Ethics Framework.
2. Marketers and their Markets.
Marketing and the Marketing Concept.
Segmentation and Target Marketing.
3. From Product Development to Distribution.
Packaging and Labeling.
4. Promotion: Advertising, Retailing, and Customers.
5. Marketing in a Global Society.
Marketing and Other Societies.
The Expansion of Marketing Within Society: Social and Political Marketing.
Fostering Ethical Marketing.
I. AMA Statement of Ethics (adopted in 2004).
II. The Hunt--Vitell General Theory of Marketing Ethics.
III. SCIP Code of Ethics for Competitive Intelligence Professionals.
“Even readers who may disagree with Brenkert's conclusions … will learn to apply worthwhile analytical methods for balancing ethical and other business considerations. Highly recommended.” (Choice Reviews, October 2008)
|Hard Copy (Paper back)||The book will be shipped to you. The cover has a paper back.|
|Hard Copy (Hard Back)||The book will be shipped to you. The cover has a hard back.|