- Language: English
- 1152 Pages
- Published: November 2012
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience. 3rd Edition
- ID: 2249035
- September 2010
- 308 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
The third edition of Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience presents a thorough updating and enhancement of the classic text that introduced the rapidly expanding field of developmental cognitive neuroscience.
- Includes the addition of two new chapters that provide further introductory material on new methodologies and the application of genetic methods in cognitive development
- Includes several key discussion points at the end of each chapter
- Features a greater focus on mid-childhood and adolescence, to complement the previous edition?s emphasis on early childhood
- Brings the science closer to real-world applications via a greater focus on fieldwork
- Includes a greater emphasis on structural and functional brain imaging
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
Preface to the Third Edition.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
1 The Biology of Change.
2 Methods and Populations.
3 From Gene to Brain.
4 Building a Brain.
5 Vision, Orienting, and Attention.
6 Perceiving and Acting on the Physical World: Objects and Number.
7 Perceiving and Acting on the Social World.
8 Learning and Long-Term Memory.
10 Prefrontal Cortex, Working Memory, and Decision-Making.
11 Cerebral Lateralization.
12 Interactive Specialization.
13 Toward an Integrated Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience.
"The third edition of Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience presents a thorough updating and enhancement of the classic text that introduced the rapidly expanding field of developmental cognitive neuroscience." (Breitbart.com: Business Wire, 22 February 2011)