Mobile Peer to Peer (P2P). A Tutorial Guide. Wiley Series on Communications Networking & Distributed Systems
- Language: English
- 274 Pages
- Published: June 2009
- Region: Global
The only guide for developers and power users on how to build PC connectivity applications for Symbian OS. This unique handbook provides all the information that is needed for the job.
- Fully worked examples and a do's and don'ts section provide design recommendations and expose common pitfalls giving a highly practical focus.
- Explains the relevant parts of the protocols that need to be used
- Demonstrates how to create your own device side components to provide new services
- Shows how to handle custom servers and socket servers
Symbian Press Acknowledgements.
2. A History of Symbian OS and PC Connectivity.
3. An Architectural Overview of PC Connectivity.
4. The Symbian Connect Object Model.
5. An Example PC Connect Application – a File Browser.
6. Programming Symbian OS.
7. Developing Custom Servers.
8. Developing Socket Servers.
9. Introducing SMS and Messaging Classes.
10. Developing an SMS Management Connectivity Service.
11. Using the Contacts Model.
12. Using the Agenda Model.
13. Developing a Specialized Connectivity GUI Application.
14. Starting General Socket Servers.
15. Connectivity Dos and Don’ts.
Appendix 1: Developer Resources.
Appendix 2: Specifications of Symbian OS Phones.
Ian joined Symbian in 2000 and is currently a technology architect responsible for connectivity. He has previously filled roles ranging from developer through project manager to technical manager by way of quality manager and process consultant (including presentation at international conferences).
He has an MA in Computer Sciences from Cambridge University and an MBA from Warwick University. As a software engineer for over twenty years he has been with a number of software companies and has worked on more than fifteen operating systems, developing software ranging from enterprise systems to embedded software. He his married to Lorraine and they have two children, Ross and Kelly, and a number of pets.