3M Company : Minnesota Mining And Manufacturing Company - Company Patent Mapping Report
- ID: 225483
- January 2004
- Region: Global
- 16 pages
- 3i Analytics
3M Company (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company ) 3M Company makes everything from masking tape to asthma inhalers. It has seven operating segments: transportation; display and graphics (specialty film, traffic control materials); health care (dental and medical supplies and health IT); safety, security, and protection (commercial care, occupational health and safety products); electro and communications (connecting, splicing, and insulating products); industrial business (tapes and adhesives); and consumer and office. Well-known brands include Scotchgard fabric protectors, Post-it Notes, Scotch-Brite scouring products, and Scotch tapes. Sales outside the US account for roughly 55% of 3Ms revenues. [More than 8,500 Patents]
Our range of Patent Maps act as a Patent Information Encyclopedia, providing a High-level Summary of Patent Information on patenting activity in various technologies and industries. Organized into an intuitive graphical layout, they highlight a wide array of information on technology gaps and white spaces and trends in patent filings.
Our reports will be of immense value to both the management and research groups in organizations. The data has been presented in a user-friendly manner that attempts to summarize patent intelligence concisely, while retaining comprehensiveness of scope and depth. As such, users will be able to use the information obtained from the reports instantaneously for strategic and operational decision-making, and without the need to invest in further processing.
We offer a range of Patent Mapping reports
1. Our Industry Patent Mapping Reports are an excellent aid for technology researchers, enabling then to understand the top players, top sub-technology and the significant invention in a particular field. Also, business researchers can understand the top players in the market, facilitating the mapping to those with large industry market share. Finally, For those performing due diligence on a particular technology areas, the reports allow them to determine the pace of innovation
2. Our Country Patent Mapping reports will assist business researchers in understanding the top players within a specific country. They are also a valuable resource for economists, striving to understand which are the dominant innovative companies in a particular country, facilitating further benchmarking and comparative studies.
3. Our company Patent Mapping Reports provide specific and detailed insights into patenting activities of specific Fortune 500, NASDAQ and S&P 500 organisations.
The International Patent Classification (IPC) is a hierarchical system in which the whole area of technology is divided into a range of sections, classes, subclasses and groups. This system is indispensable for the retrieval of patent documents in the search for establishing the novelty of an invention or determining the state of the art in a particular area of technology. US Patent Classification UPC classify a patent according to all information in patent specification while IPC classify a patent according to only patent claims. UPC stresses on the function of intrinsic characteristics of product or processing.
As IPC or UPC are not viable in themselves for assigning an invention to an industry, because they focus specifically on the technology, not on industries that may manufacture or use the technology, it is necessary to assign inventions to industries.
We have undertaken a concordance (matching) of IPC (International Patent Classification ) and (US Patent Classification) UPC to NAICS (North American Industrial Classification System -this new, uniform, industry-wide classification system has been designed as the index for statistical reporting of all economic activities of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico). This extensive exercise assigns patent classifications to industries based on NAICS codes. The results are summarized in the following categories:
- Primary Industries: Agribusiness, Fishing and Forestry, Mining
- Secondary Industries: Construction, Food & Accessory Manufacturing, Metal & Machinery Manufacturing, Electronic Goods Manufacturing, Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Tertiary Industries: Wholesale & Retailing, Transportation, Services
- Quarternary & Quinary Industries: Information & Research, Health & Education, Cultural & Entertainment, Personal & Others
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Assignee Patent Map
2. Assignee Country Patent Map
3. Attorney-Agent-Firm Patent Map
4. Application/Filing Year Patent Map
5. Inventor Patent Map
6.Technology Class (IPC) Patent Map
7. Sub-Technology (IPC) Patent Map
8. Publication/Grant Year Patent Map
9. Priority Year Patent Map
10. Technology Class (UPC) Patent Map
11. Sub-Technology (UPC) Patent Map
12. Backward Citation Patent Map
13. Forward Citation Patent Map