This product is currently not available for purchase.
Successes and Failures Case Study: Dr Pepper Ten
- ID: 2255273
- September 2012
- 8 Pages
Dr Pepper Ten is part of Datamonitor Consumer's Successes and Failures series. These case studies examine best-in-class examples of innovation and marketing – supported by Datamonitor’s consumer insight research – to act as inspiration.
This case study examines the reasons for the success of Dr Pepper Ten, a new mid-calorie soft drink targeted at men that has seen strong sales since launch in 2011.
- Access comprehensive analysis of global successes and failures in the consumer packaged goods industry to drive ideation and inspiration.
- Obtain country-specific consumer insight to understand the consumer attitudes and needs that underpinned innovation success/failure.
- Avoid costly investments by learning important lessons from companies and brands that have failed or under-delivered.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the CPG industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your category.
- Around 80% of new product innovation fails, highlighting the challenge that industry players face in innovating in today's competitive market landscape. Failed innovation can severely undermine profits and brand reputations. Conversely, the rewards for successful innovation are substantial.
- Datamonitor is constantly monitoring the big winners and losers in the CPG industry. Each case study contains background information, describes how developments unfolded, and is contextualized by Datamonitor's own research and analysis.
Reasons to Purchase
- What makes a product a success or a failure?
- How can I apply these learnings to my product or brand?
- What consumer insight underpins this?