- Language: English
- 7 Pages
- Published: August 2012
- Region: Global
Successes and Failures Case Study: Monaco Smart Chips
- Published: September 2012
- Region: Asia, Monaco
- 9 Pages
Monaco Smart Chips is part of Datamonitor Consumer's Successes and Failures series. These case studies examine best-in-class examples of innovation and marketing – supported by Datamonitor's consumer insight research – to drive success.
Effective innovation is difficult to come by, but it is the key to sustained competitive advantage in the consumer packaged goods industry. Lessons can be learned from both successes and failures. This case study looks at Monaco Smart Chips, a low-fat, baked snack that was withdrawn from the Indian market last year despite its strong health claims.
- Access comprehensive analysis of global successes and failures in the consumer packaged goods industry to drive ideation and inspiration.
- Obtain country-specific consumer insight to understand the consumer attitudes and needs that underpinned innovation success/failure.
- Avoid costly investments by learning important lessons from companies and brands that have failed or under-delivered.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your category.
- Around 80% of new product innovation fails, highlighting the challenge that industry players face in innovating in today's competitive market landscape. Failed innovation can severely undermine profits and brand reputations. Conversely, the rewards for successful innovation are substantial.
- Datamonitor is constantly monitoring the big winners and losers in the consumer packaged goods industry. Each case study contains background information, describes how developments unfolded, and is contextualized by Datamonitor's own research and analysis. This case study looks at the example of Monaco Smart Chips and the reasons for its failure.
Reasons to Purchase
- Why is Monaco Smart Chips considered an interesting case of failure?
- How does Datamonitor judge the failure of Monaco Smart Chips?
- What consumer insight has underpinned this?
- What can I learn from the failure of Monaco Smart Chips? SHOW LESS READ MORE >