• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Dixons Retail | Verdict Company Briefing
Verdict Research Limited, August 2012, Pages: 23
A new one-stop destination for unique data and opinion on Dixons' electricals offer. Targeted at retailers, and stakeholders to the retailer, we assess its electricals performance, strategic direction and provide Verdict's view on its future.
Dixons Retail has found life more difficult over the last decade, against the backdrop of an increasingly competitive high street and online environment. This profile explains the direction Dixons is taking, with estimated sales data and market shares, and analysis of key events which will affect the retailer's outlook over the coming years.
- Identify opportunities in the electricals market by understanding Dixons' strategic decision making in a declining market
- Take advantage of new electricals products on the market that Dixons have identified to boost growth
- Benchmark your electricals performance by comparing sales data and market share
Dixons has reported electricals manufacturers forming a much closer relationship with the retailer, in an effort to support the physical retailer's ability to showcase products. In the coming years, this is likely to continue, with reports of manufacturers keen to invest in product displays.
Dixons share price has been hampered by concerns about exposure to the Greek economic struggle. Dixons' Greek fascia, Kotsovolos, remains the market leader with 103 stores. However it is heavily exposed to the ongoing market turbulence.
The Knowhow service offered by Dixons has begun to show its potential, with new services becoming available including cloud back-up and movie streaming. In addition the opportunity to run Harrods' electricals department has allowed Dixons to showcase what Knowhow can offer in a premium product environment.
REASONS TO BUY
- Which customer segments visit Dixons for electricals and what is its share of each demographic group?
- What is Dixons' strategy for its future store portfolio and what impact will this have on its sales?
- What is Dixons' share of the UK electricals market?
- How has Dixons' electricals performed compared to the total UK electricals market?