• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
U.S. DoD Electro-Optical/Infrared Systems Market: Improving Surveillance and Targeting
Frost & Sullivan, October 2012, Pages: 57
This research service focuses on the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) systems budget spending. Included in this service are research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E), procurement, operations and maintenance (O&M), and services. Contract activity for the DoD EO/IR Systems for 2011 is also included. The DoD EO/IR Systems budget is comprised of the Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force, and Joint Service spending plans and is included in this study. This study indicates which technology products and services are emphasized in DoD EO/IR budget spending and contracts. The base year for financial spending is 2011, and the market forecast is from 2012 to 2017.
Market Overview - Definitions
- This research service is an overview of program funding and contract activity for DoD EO/IR system activities.
- EO/IR systems are used to detect, classify/identify, and localize/geolocate air, sea surface,and ground targets.
- The research service forecasts do not include classified programs and budgets. Portions of the total EO/IR market information are not accessible to the public.
- Program funding is derived from the DoD 2013 budget request and includes designated portions of OCO funding. Contract data is based on the 2011 calendar year.
- EO/IR systems inherent in new-build tactical man-pack, ground vehicles, ships, and aircraft platforms are included if distinctly specified by program, contract, or contract modification.
- Program funding and contract spending values do not always align year to year due to a combination of administration costs, multiyear contracts, and technology use across segments.
- New platform EO/IR system estimates, program, and contract segmentation, along with funding forecasts beyond 2013, are made at the analyst’s discretion.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the areas of growth within the DoD EO/IR systems market; what procurement will be the focus through 2017?
- What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading drivers and restraints for the DoD EO/IR systems market?
- What are the top programs for the DoD EO/IR systems market?
- What technologies and services will the program budget emphasize?
- What companies are leading the EO/IR systems research, procurement, and services market?
- Executive Summary
- Electro-Optical/Infrared Systems Market Overview
- Total DoD EO/IR Systems Market
-- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
-- Forecasts and Trends
-- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- CEO’s 360 Degree Perspective on the EO/IR Systems Industry
- EO/IR Systems Breakdown
- The Last Word
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.