While the story for the traditional players in the telecoms market is all about shrinkage, on the other hand we see significant growth in many of the new subsectors of the broader ICT market, which includes cloud computing, data centres and M2M.
This BuddeComm Intelligence Report explores the issues surrounding OTT developments in the telecoms sector and the industry transformation BuddeComm believes is required for the future.
OTT is the services model for the future for communications and media services, as well as a whole range of new ones, such as e-health, e-education, smart grids and the digital economy in general.
2. Transforming the telecoms industry
2.1 Telcos still ignoring industry transformation
2.2 The rapidly shrinking traditional telecoms market
3. Telcos have already lost the current OTT battle
3.1 Infrastructure investment models are stuck
3.2 Telcos will need to lift their game on infrastructure
3.3 Did Google's infrastructure coup work?
4. The demand and supply imbalance in telecoms
5. Vested interests
6. The digital business buzzword is also transformation'
7. What will be driving these new investments?
7.1 It is not about speed it's about big data'
8. Hot sectors for OTT services
9. How to move forward?
10. Conclusion: Telecoms where will the money come from?
11. Related reports
Exhibit 1 Telstra leading the global telco move towards the OTT model
Exhibit 2 WCIT-12 disappoints, more work to be done