- Published: January 2010
The global textile and clothing industry: Technological advances and future challenges
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
- 224 pages
- Woodhead Publishing Ltd
Advances in technology, combined with the ever-evolving needs of the global market, are causing rapid change within the textile and clothing industry. The global textile and clothing industry: Technological advances and future challenges provides an essential review of these changes, and considers their implications for the future of textile manufacturing.
Introduction: Trends in the global textile industry
- Trends in textile markets and their implications for textile products and processes
- The impact of environmental regulation on future textile products and processes
- The importance of innovation-driven textile research and development in the textile industry
- Strategic technology roadmapping in the textile industry
- Higher education courses in textile science: present and future
- Recent advances in textile manufacturing technology
- Recent advances in garment manufacturing technology: joining techniques, 3D body scanning and garment design
- Automating textile preforming technology for mass production of fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites.
Professor Roshan Shishoo is Director of Shishoo Consulting, Sweden, and former Director of the Swedish Institute for Polymers and Fibres (IFP). A Honorary Fellow of the Textile Institute, he has over 40 years experience in textile research and development, and is an active member of many scientific organisations and committees.