- Language: English
- 309 Pages
- Published: December 2011
- Region: Global
France B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
- Published: October 2012
- Region: France
- 73 Pages
- yStats GmbH & Co. KG
Mobile Shopping shows great Potential in French B2C E-Commerce
In its latest ""France B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"", Hamburg-based secondary market research firm yStats.com presents comprehensive facts and figures about the French B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from trends, revenue figures and market shares, the report covers successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and the top players dominating French E-Commerce.
In 2011, nearly three quarters of the entire French population used the Internet and more than half of all people also made online purchases, clearly surpassing the European average of approximately 40%. In line with this trend, French B2C E-Commerce revenue continues to grow, albeit at a slightly slower rate compared to previous years.
Growing B2C E-Commerce Revenue despite decreasing Transaction Value
Although B2C E-Commerce revenue in France increased by nearly a quarter in the first half of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011, the average value of the online sales basket decreased by roughly 5%. This might be the result of there being a larger number of online retailers, prompting online shoppers in France to distribute their spending budget among a higher number of shops than in previous years. In 2012, more than half of all Internet users in France intended to book travel arrangements online, followed by the purchase of services and cultural products such as books and music. Approximately one eighth of all French online shoppers have previously made purchases with their mobile devices and another two thirds intend to do so in the near future. While mobile shopping is becoming increasingly popular in France, online shopping via Facebook is less successful. Not even 5% of all Facebook users in France intend to make purchases using this social media portal.
Amazon and La Redoute especially favored by Internet Users
According to the ""France B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" by yStats.com, Amazon is the most popular online retailer in France. In the first half of 2012, almost half of all online shoppers made online purchases from this generalist, followed by travel website Voyagessncf and consumer electronics outlet Fnac. In terms of unique visitor numbers, mass merchant La Redoute ranks ahead of the competition. Generalist Cdiscount is also very successful in France. Revenue generated by this online retailer, which also operates two brick-and-mortar shops in France, grew to more than 1 billion EUR in 2011, almost equaling the online revenue of private shopping site Vente-Privée. 3Suisses, an OTTO Group affiliate, has also been successful in French E-Commerce. Aside from apps for mobile devices, the company offers free 24-hour shipping for all of its products.
- Despite slowing growth rates, B2C E-Commerce sales in France are projected to increase to reach almost USD 50 billion in 2016.
- Although more than 90% of French online retailers had Facebook sites in Q1 2012, they did not use them for online selling, but rather for marketing purposes.
- In Q1 2012, more than three-quarters of Internet users in France had ever “Shopped Online”
- “Travel/Tourism” was projected to be the leading online product category in France in 2012, followed by “Services” and “Cultural Products”.
- LaRedoute.fr was leading among B2C E-Commerce websites in France, by unique visitors from France in May 2012, followed by Cdiscount.com and Amazon.fr.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Management Summary
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in France, 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Research and Mobile Commerce Trends in France, 2012 and Online Product Research Methods, in % of Internet Users, H1 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Trends among Women aged 20-60 in France, 2012
- Online Travel Trends in France, 2011
- Online Payment Methods in France, by Popularity, in % of Online Shoppers, 2012f
- Average Basket of Online Sales in France, in EUR, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
- Average per Capita B2C E-Commerce Spending and Number of Online Transactions of Online Shoppers, in EUR and total, 2007-2011
- Average per Capita B2C E-Commerce Spending of Online Shoppers in France, in USD, 2012f & 2016f
- Average annual Online Spending in France and selected Countries worldwide, in % of disposable Income of Online Shoppers, January and February 2012
- M-Commerce Trends in France, 2012
- Mobile Shoppers Growth in France, compared to 4 other EU Countries and the Average, in % of Smartphone Users, October 2010 vs. October 2011
- Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail Sites, in the EU5 and by Country, including France; including Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, and Year-on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
- Type of Purchase made via Mobile Devices, in % of Mobile Shoppers, as of March 2012
- In-Store Smartphone Activities, in % of Smartphone Owners, January 2012
- Breakdown of M-Commerce Readiness of Online Retailers in France, in %, Q1 2012
- F-Commerce Trends in France, 2012 and Share of Online Retailers with Websites on Facebook, in % of Online Retailers, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
- Daily Deal Trends in France, 2011/2012
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in France, in USD billion and in % Growth, 2010-2016f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in France, in EUR billion, 2009-2011
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in France, in EUR billion, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in France, in %, 2008-2012f
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Distance Sales in France, in %, 2010 & 2011
- Types of Goods and Services bought online in France, in % of Internet Users, 2010-2012f
- Leading Online Product Categories in France, in % of Online Shoppers, January/February 2012
- Smartphone and Tablet Purchases in France, by Product Category, in % of Users, H1 2012
- Leading Mobile Shopping Product Categories in France, by Product, in % of Total Mobile Users, May 2012
6. Users / Shoppers
- Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country (including France), in %, 2009-2011
- Internet and Broadband Household Penetration in Europe, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in France, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in France, by Access Technology, compared to the OECD Average, in %, 2011
- Online Shoppers in France, in millions, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
- Share of Online Shoppers in France on Individuals, compared to the EU Average, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
- Share of Online Shoppers on Internet Users, in %, 2011 & 2012f
- Online Shopper Penetration in the EU, by Country (including France), in % of Population, 2011
- Share of Online Shoppers on Internet Users in France, by Region, Age Group, and Gender, in %, Q1 2012
- Leading Website Categories in France, by monthly Unique Visitors, in millions and Year-on-Year Growth in %, April 2012
- Leading B2C E-Commerce Websites in France, by Online Shoppers, in %, 6 Months to May 2012
- Top 20 E-Commerce Players in France, ranked by E-Commerce Sales, in EUR million, 2011
- Top 80 B2C E-Commerce Websites in France, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users), May 2012
- Rank 1: Profile of La Redoute
- Rank 2: Profile of Cdiscount
- Rank 3: Profile of Amazon
- Rank 4: Profile of Vente-Privée
- Rank 5: Profile of 3 Suisses
- Rank 6: Profile of PriceMinister
- Rank 7: Profile of Fnac
- Rank 8: Profile of Rue du Commerce
- Rank 9: Profile of Carrefour
- Rank 10: Profile of Spartoo
- Leading Online Shops in France selling cultural and leisure Products, by Service Quality, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
- Leading Online Shops in France selling Fashion, Clothing, and Cosmetics, by Service Quality, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
- Leading Online Shops in France selling Consumer Electronics, by Service Quality, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
- Leading Online Shops in France selling Household Products, by Service Quality, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
- Top 5 Travel E-Commerce Sites in France, by Monthly Unique Visitors, Q3 2011
- Top 5 M-Commerce Websites in France, by Unique Visitors, in millions, Q3 2011
- La Redoute
- 3 Suisses
- Rue du Commerce