- Language: English
- 109 Pages
- Published: September 2013
- Region: Central Europe, Europe
Spain B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
- ID: 2296031
- October 2012
- Region: Spain
- 64 Pages
- yStats GmbH & Co. KG
Further Potential for Development in Spanish B2C E-Commerce
In its latest ""Spain B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"", Hamburg-based secondary market research firm yStats.com presents recent facts and figures on the Spanish B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from trends, revenue figures and market shares, the report covers successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and leading players in Spanish B2C E-Commerce.
Despite the annual increase in the number of online shoppers in Spain between 2006 and 2011 by a low percentage figure, less than one third of all Spanish consumers shopped online in 2011. This figure is particularly low compared to the EU average, which was more than 40%.
Spanish online Shoppers favor Travel Services
For 2012, Spanish B2C E-Commerce is forecasted to grow by a low double digit percentage figure. In 2011, more than half of all Internet users made purchases online, spending more than 800 Euro on average. The most popular products and services among Spanish online shoppers in 2011 were ""holiday accommodation"" and ""other travel services"", ""tickets and events"" and ""clothing and sporting goods"". Major concerns voiced by Spaniards regarding online shopping are the misuse of personal data and the safety of online payments. Online food shopping has not yet been able to successfully establish itself in Spain and is only practiced by a low one-digit percentage of consumers. However, more than half of all individuals who order food online do this almost ten times per year.
M-Commerce and Social Networks increasingly important in B2C E-Commerce
Mobile shopping is very popular in Spain. Even though less than 10% of all smartphone users make purchases via mobile phone, more than 40% of those who do conduct monthly mobile purchases. Overall, in Spain, revenue in mobile retail has increased more than sevenfold between 2010 and 2011. Aside from mobile shopping, social media sites also spur B2C E-Commerce in Spain. Almost 50% of all social media users in Spain read product and service reviews on social networks prior to making a purchase.
Computer and Consumer Electronics Companies popular with by Internet Users
The ""Spain B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" by yStats.com shows that online shops operated by computer and consumer electronics retailers in Spain draw the highest numbers of visitors. Movistar, Orange, Apple and Vodafone are four of the five most successful companies there. Only one mass merchant, El Corte Ingles, which launched its mobile shop in early 2012, comes in third place ranked by the number of unique visitors. Amazon is only in eighth place. Late in 2011, the Internet giant opened its Spanish Kindle Store, with almost 1 million titles on offer.
With more than 50% online shoppers of all Internet users, the Spanish B2C E-Commerce market is well developed, but it still partly trails behind the European average. Trends like mobile shopping and online food shopping are not yet well established, but they continue to gain ground.
- In 2011, almost half of Internet users in Spain accessed the Internet in order to find information about goods and services.
- “Credit Card” was the preferred online payment method of Internet users in Spain in 2011, followed by “Payment Platforms”, “Cash-on-Delivery” and “Bank Transfer”.
- “Holiday Accommodation”, “Other Travel Services” and “Event Tickets” were the most purchased product/service categories by online shoppers in Spain in 2011.
- Ranking 14th in Europe, individual Internet usage in Spain reached slightly over 60% of the
population in 2011.
- Computers and electronics online shop Movistar.es was leading in unique visitors from Spain in May 2012, followed by telecommunications provider Orange.es and mass merchant Elcorteingles.es.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in Spain, 2011
- Online Activities in Spain, in % of Internet Users, 2011
- Preferred Online Payment Methods in Spain, in % of Internet Users, 2011
- Breakdown of main Concerns regarding Online Shopping in Spain, including Online Payments, in % of Internet Users, May 2012
- Problems regarding Online Shopping in Spain, in % of Online Shoppers, 2010 & 2011
- Share of Companies selling online in the EU, incl. Spain, in % of Companies, 2011
- Number of B2C E-Commerce Transactions in Spain, in millions and in % Year-on-Year Growth, Q1 2010-Q4 2011
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Turnover and Transactions in Spain, by Place of Transaction, in %, Q4 2011
- Social Commerce Trends in Spain, 2011 and Share of Social Media Users reading Reviews on Social Networking Sites before making a Purchase, in %, 2011
- Food E-Commerce Trends in Spain, 2012
- Mobile Commerce Trends in Spain, 2011/2012 and Mobile Commerce Revenue Growth Rates, in %, 2011
- Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail, in the EU5 and by Country, including Spain; incl. Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, and Year-on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
- Mobile Activities in Spain, in % of Mobile Phone Users with Internet Access, February 2011
- Types of Transactions made via Mobile Phone in Spain, in % of Mobile Phone Users, February 2012
- Share of Mobile Commerce Revenues on total B2C E-Commerce Revenues in Spain, in %, 2011
- Place of Smartphone Use in Spain, in % of Smartphone Users, January-February 2012
- Actions ever taken by Smartphone Users in Spain after looking for local Information, in %, Jan-Feb 2012
- Frequency of Purchases via Smartphone in Spain, in % of Smartphone Shoppers, January-February 2012
- Influence of Smartphones on Purchase Decisions in Spain, in % Smartphone Users, January-February 2012
- Purchasing Method following Smartphone Research in Spain, in % Smartphone Users, January-February 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Spain, in USD billion and in % Growth, 2010-2016f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Spain, in EUR billion, 2009-2011
- Quarterly B2C E-Commerce Sales in Spain, in EUR billion and in % Year-on-Year Growth, Q1 2010-Q4 2011
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Spain, in %, 2010-2014f
- Leading Online Product Categories in Spain, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
- Digital Content Product Category Purchases in Spain, in % of Online Shoppers, 2009-2011
- Leading Online Product Categories in Spain, by Share of Turnover, in %, Q4 2011
- Leading Online Product Categories in Spain, by Share of Transactions, in %, Q4 2011
- Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, in %, 2009-2011
- Internet and Broadband Household Penetration in Europe, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Spain, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA, and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Spain, by Access Technology, compared to the OECD Average, in %, 2011
- Share of Online Shoppers in Spain, compared to the EU Average, in % of Individuals, 2006-2011
- EU Comparison of Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Population, 2011
- Breakdown of Online Shoppers in Spain, by Gender and Age Group, in %, 2011
- Breakdown of Online Shoppers in Spain, by Region, in %, 2011
- Top 55 B2C E-Commerce Websites in Spain, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users) from Spain, May 2012
- Rank 1: Profile of Movistar
- Rank 2: Profile of Orange
- Rank 3: Profile of El Corte Inglés
- Rank 4: Profile of Apple
- Rank 5: Profile of Vodafone
- Rank 6: Profile of Privalia
- Rank 7: Profile of Ikea
- Rank 8: Profile of Amazon
- Rank 9: Profile of Carrefour
- Rank 10: Profile of Buy VIP
- El Corte Inglés
- Buy VIP