• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Italy B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
yStats.com GmbH & Co. KG, October 2012, Pages: 56
Daily Deals, Private Shopping and Mobile Shopping spur B2C E-Commerce in Italy
In its latest ""Italy B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"", Hamburg-based market research firm yStats.com analyzes the latest trends in the Italian B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from revenue figures and market shares, the report covers successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and leading players in Italian B2C E-Commerce.
While nearly half of all consumers in Italy accessed the Internet in 2011, only less than one fifth conducted online purchases. Nonetheless, both the number of Internet users and that of online shoppers continues to grow. The latter of which is partly due to daily deal websites which tempt consumers with high discounts, thus successfully recruiting more and more members to their sites.
Daily Deal Revenues contribute to B2C E-Commerce Growth
In Italian B2C E-Commerce, a mid-range double digit percentage growth is expected for 2012. This can be attributed to the soaring popularity of daily deal websites and private sales, as well as to the increase in mobile shopping. The share of B2C E-Commerce on all retail sales in Italy is also expected to grow further. For 2012, forecasts predict an increase in online fashion purchases, followed by technology and food items. Despite the growing use of mobile devices, in 2011 they only generated approximately 1% of all B2C E-Commerce revenue, showing a strong increase compared to 2010.
Zalando pulls ahead of Amazon
As shown in the ""Italy B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" by yStats.com, in Italy, Zalando is ahead of Amazon when it comes to the number of unique visitors. IBS, an Italian seller of books, music and films, is also very successful in Italy. In 2011, it increased its revenue to approximately 70 million EUR, the majority of which was generated online. Bonprix, an OTTO Group affiliate, also plays an important role in Italian B2C E-Commerce. For fashion and accessory retailer La Redoute, the Internet was also extremely significant, given that the company's mail order shopping business in Italy is mostly for information purposes and almost all revenue is generated online. Furthermore, Spanish private shopping player BuyVIP is also successful in the Italian market.
In Italy, the number of Internet users and online shoppers continues to increase, partly based on the growing popularity of daily deals, private sales and mobile shopping.
- Despite shrinking growth rates, B2C E-Commerce sales in Italy are projected to almost double between 2012 and 2016.
- In 2011, nearly 90% of online retailers in Italy “Used Social Media” and more than half presented exclusive offers and contests to their fans and followers.
- The share of online shoppers on individuals in Italy is projected to approach 50% in 2016.
- “Holiday Accommodation” was purchased by almost half of online shoppers in Italy in 2011, while nearly a third bought “Clothing, Sporting Goods”.
- Zalando.it was leading in terms of unique visitors among B2C E-Commerce websites in Italy in May 2012, followed by Amazon.it and Euronics.it.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in Italy, 2011
- Online Activities in Italy, in % of Internet Users, Q4 2010 & Q4 2011
- Geographical Location of Online Shops used by Online Shoppers in Italy, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
- Breakdown of Online Payment Methods in Italy, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011 (by Credit Card, PayPal, Other)
- Daily Deal Trends in Italy, 2012
- Private Online Sales Trends in Italy, 2012 and Private Online Sales Value, in EUR million, 2010 & 2012f
- Social Commerce Trends in Italy, 2011/2012 and Share of Online Retailers using Social Media, in %, 2011
- Mobile Ticketing Trends in Italy, 2012
- Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail, in the EU5 and by Country, including Italy; incl. Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, and Year- on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
- Breakdown of Mobile Commerce in Italy, by Services and Products, in %, 2010 & 2011f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Italy, in USD billion and % Change, 2010-2016f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Italy, in EUR billion, 2010-2012f
- Mobile Commerce Sales in Italy, in EUR million, 2010 & 2011f
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Italy, in %, 2010-2015f
- Share of Mobile Commerce on total B2C E-Commerce Sales in Italy, in %, 2010 & 2011f
- Types of Goods and Services bought online in Italy, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
- Types of Goods and Services bought online in Italy, in % of Sales, 2011
- Online Shopping Product Category Growth Rates in Italy, in %, 2012f
- Online Shopping Product Category Growth Rates in Italy, in %, 2011
6. USERS / SHOPPERS
- Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, including Italy, in %, 2009-2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Italy, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Italy, by Access Technology, compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
- Share of Online Shoppers on Individuals in Italy, compared to the EU Average, in %, 2006-2011
- EU Comparison of Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Population, 2011
- Share of Online Shoppers on Individuals in Italy, in %, 2011 & 2016f
- Online Shoppers in Italy, by Gender, in % of Internet Users, 2011
- Online Shoppers in Italy, by Age Group, in % of Internet Users, 2011
- Online Shoppers in Italy, by Region, in % of Internet Users, 2011
- Top 50 B2C E-Commerce Websites in Italy, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users) from Italy, May 2012
- Rank 1: Profile of Zalando
- Rank 2: Profile of Amazon
- Rank 3: Profile of Euronics
- Rank 4: Profile of IBS
- Rank 5: Profile of Bonprix
- Rank 6: Profile of Media World
- Rank 7: Profile of Buy VIP
- Rank 8: Profile of Hoepli
- Rank 9: Profile of Apple
- Rank 10: Profile of La Redoute
- Media World
- Buy VIP
- La Redoute