• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Connected TV Forecasts
Digital TV Research, November 2012, Pages: 109
The number of TV connections to the Internet will reach 596 million by 2017, up from 105 million at end-2010 and the 212 million expected at end-2012. Published by Digital TV Research, these findings are part of the just-released Connected TV Forecasts report, which covers 40 countries.
The US contributed 48 million to the 2010 total (or 45% of the global total), and will grow to 78 million in 2012 (37%) and 147 million by 2017 (only 25% of the global total). China will have 93 million connected TVs by 2017, up from a mere 2 million at end-2010. So Japan will drop from second place in 2010 (13 million) to third in 2017 (43 million).
This global connected TV total translates to 21.4% of global TV sets by 2017, up from only 4.7% at end-2010 and 8.9% by end-2012. The US will have the highest penetration of TV sets by 2017 – at 38.1%, closely followed by Norway (37.7%) and South Korea (37.2%).
Published in November 2012, this 109-page PDF report is the most geographically comprehensive to ever be published (and it is 40% bigger than the previous edition).
The report comes in six parts:
- Executive Summary which analyses the current smart TV market as well as explaining the forecasts in-depth.
- Succinct profiles of the main connected TV platforms, including Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Mitsubishi Stream TV, Panasonic Viera Connect, Sony Bravia, Toshiba NetTV, Apple, Apple TV, Google TV, TiVo, Liberty Global’s Horizon, Xbox, PlayStation 3 and Yahoo! Connected TV.
- Connected TV country profiles. NEW FOR THIS EDITION.
- Global forecasts summary from 2010 to 2017.
- Comparison forecast tables for 40 countries.
- Individual country forecasts for 40 territories.
Forecasts (2010-2017) contain the following detail for each country:
- Total households (000)
- TV households (000)
- TV sets (000)
- Fixed broadband households (000)
- Broadband HH/Total HH
- Pay TV households (000)
- Games console households (000)
- Blu-ray player households (000)
- Connected TV sets (000)
- Connected TV set via pay TV settop boxes (000)
- Connected TV sets via retail devices (000)
- Connected TV sets via games consoles (000)
- Connected TV sets via blu-ray players (000)
- Total connected TV sets (000)
- Connected TV sets/TV sets (%)
- Connected TV sets via pay TV settop box/TV sets (%)
- Connected TV sets via retail devices/TV sets (%)
- Connected TV sets via games consoles/TV sets (%)
- Connected TV sets via blu-ray players/TV sets (%)
- Total connected TV sets/TV sets (%)
- Connected TV sets/TVHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via pay TV settop box/TVHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via retail devices/TVHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via games consoles/TVHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via blu-ray players/TVHH (%)
- Total connected TV sets/TVHH (%)
- Connected TV sets/BBHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via pay TV settop box/BBHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via retail devices/BBHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via games consoles/BBHH (%)
- Connected TV sets via blu-ray players/BBHH (%)
- Total connected TV sets/BBHH (%)
- Czech Rep.
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Mitsubishi Stream TV
- Panasonic Viera Connect,
- Sony Bravia
- Toshiba NetTV
- Apple TV
- Google TV
- Global’s Horizon
- PlayStation 3
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.