• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Analysis of the Global Nondestructive Test Equipment Market 2012: Understanding Industry Dynamics Key to Growth
Frost & Sullivan, October 2012, Pages: 137
Non-destructive testing (NDT) involves examination of an object without impacting its current or future usefulness. The ability of NDT to inspect an object without affecting its operating performance provides an excellent balance between quality control, and cost effectiveness. The NDT equipment market can be segmented based on technology into ultrasonic, magnetic and electromagnetic, visual inspection, radiography, and penetrant testing. Technology segments such as ultrasonic, and radiography are witnessing significant influx of newer technologies whereas segments such as penetrant testing and visual inspection have stagnated technologically over the past decade.
- An important factor that drives the adoption and growth of NDT is return-on-investment (ROI). If performing NDT results in cost saving for an end-user industry, then they are willing to invest in purchase of NDT equipment.
- The top participants in this market are GE Measurement and Control Solutions, and Olympus NDT. They occupy a significant share of the market since both companies are active in multiple market segments.
- Other important participants include YXLON International GmbH, Sonatest PLC, Zetec Inc., and Magnaflux corporation; however, these companies are specialized in one or two segments in the market. Hence, they are considerably smaller than the top two market participants.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
- Who are the major participants in this market and what is their market share?
- What are the strategic growth regions?
- Which product segment offers the most potential for growth?
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Nondestructive Test Equipment Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Ultrasonic Test Equipment Segment Breakdown
5. Magnetic and Electromagnetic Test Equipment Segment Breakdown
6. Visual Inspection Equipment Segment Breakdown
7. Radiography Equipment Segment Breakdown
8. Penetrant Test Equipment Segment Breakdown
9. North America Breakdown
10. Europe Breakdown
11. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
12. Rest of World Breakdown
13. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
- YXLON International GmbH
- Sonatest PLC
- Zetec Inc.
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.