- Language: English
- 618 Pages
- Published: February 2010
- Region: World
Chemical Process Technology. 2nd Edition
- Published: May 2013
- 566 Pages
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
This text provides a comprehensive introduction to chemical process technology, linking the fundamental theory and concepts to the applied nature of the subject. It provides an essential bridge between the chemical sciences and the chemical industry. The book enables the reader to integrate fundamental knowledge of the basic disciplines, to understand the most important chemical processes, and to apply this knowledge and understanding to industrial processes.
Starting with a general look at the chemical industry, subsequent chapters examine different processes in greater detail, for example, oil refinery, steam cracking, synthesis gas, power, bulk chemicals, biorefinery, biotechnology, gas treatment, catalysis, fine chemicals, process intensification, and chip technology. In all chapters the processes treated are represented by simplified flow schemes, to help the reader think in terms of conceptual process designs. Problems and “feature boxes” giving examples and real-life industrial case studies are scattered throughout the text.
- New edition of a best-selling established text from highly-regarded authors
- Offers a comprehensive and balanced introduction, providing an essential link between chemistry and the chemical industry
- New coverage of energy and fuels from biomass, and biorefineries, to reflect growth areas in industry
- Includes problems to encourage a fuller understanding of the subject
- Contains richly-illustrated chapters with clearly developed flow diagrams and figures
- “Feature Boxes” appear throughout the text, providing examples and case studies from a variety of different industries
- Website provides PowerPoint slides of figures for lecturers
New to this edition:
- A complete update of chapters in the existing book
- More questions
- 2 new chapters: Processes for the Conversion of Biomass (chapter 7), Process Intensification (chapter 14) SHOW LESS READ MORE >
2 The Chemical Industry
3 Processes in the Oil Refinery
4 Production of Light Alkenes
5 Production of synthesis gas
6 Bulk chemicals and synthetic fuels derived from synthesis gas
7 Processes for the Conversion of Biomass
8 Inorganic bulk chemicals
9 Homogeneous Transition-Metal Catalysis in the Production of Bulk Chemicals
10 Heterogeneous Catalysis – Concepts and Examples
11 Polymerization - Production of Polyethene
12 Production of Fine Chemicals
14 Process Intensification
15 Process Development
A. Chemical industry – Figures
B. Main symbols used in flow schemes
Jacob A. Moulijn Delft University of Technology.
Michiel Makkee Delft University of Technology.
Annelies van Diepen Delft University of Technology.
|Hard Copy (Paper back)||The book will be shipped to you. The cover has a paper back.|
|Hard Copy (Hard Back)||The book will be shipped to you. The cover has a hard back.|